News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Quad city renaissance Faire 2012 Sept 22-23

Started by JoustEvolution, July 17, 2012, 08:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoustEvolution

Creating a Faire with  more EDGE to it.  Geared more torward the more mature crowd to come out and have alot of fun.  Swordfighting galore along with fire and jousting with a huge battle at the end of the day.  You won't want to miss it!![/b]

Rowan MacD

Right after the DMRF, right?   You guys are busy!
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Renee Buchanan

Is this by the same company who held a faire for several years in the campground around Rock Island?
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 17, 2012, 08:41:55 PM
Is this by the same company who held a faire for several years in the campground around Rock Island?
Interesting to find out.... They are offering jousting, which is something the Four kingdoms faire did not.    A website would be helpful.  
   Also a When, Where and How Much, among other info....
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Rowen MacD on July 18, 2012, 07:45:37 AM
Interesting to find out.... They are offering jousting, which is something the Four kingdoms faire did not.    A website would be helpful.  

The first 2 or 3 years of Four Winds did have jousting.  I volunteered the first and third years & had a brass rubbing booth the second year. After that, the last year that I went, it had changed to the back of the park, in a field with no shade (and blistering heat), very little entertainment, and parking was in a cornfield that had been chopped, so you had to walk on and through corn stalks to get to the gate.  That year, there was no jousting, but the prior years there was.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Dustin

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 18, 2012, 07:29:19 PM
Quote from: Rowen MacD on July 18, 2012, 07:45:37 AM

The first 2 or 3 years of Four Winds did have jousting.  I volunteered the first and third years & had a brass rubbing booth the second year. After that, the last year that I went, it had changed to the back of the park, in a field with no shade (and blistering heat), very little entertainment, and parking was in a cornfield that had been chopped, so you had to walk on and through corn stalks to get to the gate.  That year, there was no jousting, but the prior years there was.

I'm good friends with the folks who ran Four Kingdoms up until 2009. Different people ran it in 2011, and it was a completely different (and not enjoyable) festival. As far as I know, this faire is being run by neither of the parties that ran Four Kingdoms. It is being held at an "event center" in rural Henry County, outside Orion, IL.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV