News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 TRF Campground rules

Started by Quickie Mart, August 29, 2012, 01:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Martin

Welcome to the R/F forum, Quickie Mart!  Thank you for the information.

* topic stickied *

Autumn Blaize

I could not be more pleased with the new rules! Everyone that I have talked to has agreed with me. I am really looking forward to camping and falling asleep to drums and shouts! Back in 2009 we had a random bagpipe player come into our camp and we had the best time. Now that the amplified rules are in place maybe we will have more wandering musicians!

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Autumn Blaize on August 31, 2012, 09:06:19 AM
I could not be more pleased with the new rules! Everyone that I have talked to has agreed with me. I am really looking forward to camping and falling asleep to drums and shouts! Back in 2009 we had a random bagpipe player come into our camp and we had the best time. Now that the amplified rules are in place maybe we will have more wandering musicians!

I remember when a piper was fairly regular out there.  Haven't heard pipes that weren't coming from a cd or mp3 player in awhile.

Love to hear the drums while sleeping (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Mouse

The best sleep I ever had out there was long ago....I don't mind generators, they don't keep me up, but this night was particularly generator free and I was camped next to a group that was playing what I can only describe as war drums...I called it the Orc encampment and slept like a baby....The beers and mead also factored into this, but I want to say the drums even more so. But I'd be lying.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

replicant

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on August 31, 2012, 10:16:54 PM

I remember when a piper was fairly regular out there.  Haven't heard pipes that weren't coming from a cd or mp3 player in awhile.

I can always bring my highlands to greet waking folks bright and early!  ;D

Hector_

Quote from: replicant on August 31, 2012, 11:56:12 PM
Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on August 31, 2012, 10:16:54 PM

I can always bring my highlands to greet waking folks bright and early!  ;D

By all means!!  Bring the pipes!!  I was able to experience the beginning of the competition 2 years ago in Edinburgh castle!!  Music to the ears and heart!!

Autumn Blaize

Bring on the pipes!! My alarm is Tartanic so I wake up to them everyday! I love to be in garb and ready by cannon, even if I am the only one in camp ready.

*Teach*

Welcome to the forum, Quickie Mart!
Count me among the "cannon is my alarm clock" crowd.
I stay up as late as my bones will allow. My goal is to meet as many people as I possibly can in camp each and every weekend so I spend a lot of time wandering about late. Since we camp in PR and our besties camp in Celtic Rogues I tend to go corner to corner at least twice a night. That much walking means getting up early is low on the priority list.

*and I'm also sharing rum as long as I have some left each night.*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Breandan

its weird to have cannon as the alarm clock versus the "holy crap, gate's open! EVERYONE IN GARB AND MAN YOUR STATIONS!" alarm :D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Mouse

I'd love to have cannon as my alarm..other than the fact I somehow end up waddling my way into faire about 10:30 regardless of what time I wake up, I always, ALWAYS seem to awake about 8 or earlier, no matter what I was doing the night before....The best thing, and this holds true at parties too, is when I go to bed drunk at 3 am and still wake up at 8 or before...with.out.fail. Thankfully usually not hungover and luckily not still drunk...I will sleep 14 hours if you leave me be sober, but drunk...it's like the blood remembers there's fun to be had, "...so get your lazy arse up...besides, I like this guy named alcohol and he says there's more of his buddies inside...introduce me to them."

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Bonny Pearl

I'm the same way Mouse.  It's a rarity that I sleep past 6 these days, especially at camp.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Mouse

I've come to respect it though..Sun breaking through the trees, dew on the ground as the slow rustle of surrounding tent communities stir, the light smell of breakfasts popping into creation, scattered by the breeze....me in a chair, bacon in a pan, Bailey's in my coffee....GOOD GOD PEOPLE! IS IT FAIRE YET?!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

You'll have to add "...and Fraser blowing his fog horn bugle at 7am" to that list...   ;D  ;)

*I'll have to see what end of the tent you bunk down on...*
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

LibraryPrincess

Quote from: Mouse on September 07, 2012, 08:14:35 PM
Sun breaking through the trees, dew on the ground as the slow rustle of surrounding tent communities stir, the light smell of breakfasts popping into creation, scattered by the breeze....me in a chair, bacon in a pan, Bailey's in my coffee....GOOD GOD PEOPLE! IS IT FAIRE YET?!

And now I'm sad that I don't have plans to camp.  :'(
Texas Renaissance Festival
Sherwood Forest Faire
Castle of Muskogee
Scarborough Renaissance Festival

Lady Laura

Ah, to enjoy our morning ritual again...rising at 6:30, moving the car to the front row, coming back and cooking eggs, bacon, Lil' Smokies, toast, bathing as best we can, getting into our garb...it can't be soon enough!  One of my favorite things is to see the sunlight streaking through the trees, highlighting the smoke from the night's fires.  Beautiful!

"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester