News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 Sioux City Riverssance

Started by Rowan MacD, September 04, 2012, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Rosalind

Lady Leonora and I shall be there in as our alter-egos!!!! (Trooping Faeries!!!!)

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady Rosalind on September 05, 2012, 08:40:59 AM
Lady Leonora and I shall be there in as our alter-egos!!!! (Trooping Faeries!!!!)

I am sorry I am going to miss that!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

First weekend in October-anyone going?  We will likely be there Saturday only...
IWG wench #3139 

Brother Gregory

Rowen MacD I will again be at Riverssance this year. I have been the executioner for them the last two years. This is my 5th. year of  doing the faire. I will also be working with the Castle Wall group again this year. We have a different joust group coming one who has worked with Castle Wall and does a different style of jousting as well as the celtic group the Rogues.

Rowan MacD

What is the name of the Joust group?  All we see around here is Joust Evolution and Riders of the Golden age...
  I'm hoping for a deliciously cool, but sunny day.  This location has the best luck with weather ^_^.

IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

The Rogues we're great the last time I saw them.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Bev the Bossy

The Potter's House will be there for the first time. Looking forward to it, though we must get busy as we sold very well in Des Moines.   Our inventory is down quite a bit but we should get some new things made by October.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi

Rowan MacD

This is a good event for you, I don't remember seeing any other potters there recently.
  You will have a crowd.
   This faire gets a little bigger each year  ;D
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Ran across this while trying to find out something about the entertainment line up.  
 Don't know if this guy will show up this year.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/columnists/horlyk/horlyk-is-the-black-knight-of-sioux-city-a-swashbuckler/article_d9d718a2-8a8a-5c98-8d18-ccf608157e1e.html

He apparently has filmed a couple of YouTube 'episodes'  of the 'The Black Knight of Sioux City'
 I can't watch them here at work, but I'll try to take a peek when I get home in a couple hours...

A few hours later...

Just got a chance to go through the first episode. A documentary about a nerd Rennie?
    I think the first one was made this spring, so further 'filming' may get done at the faire next month.
IWG wench #3139 

Brother Gregory

Rowen,

He will not be at the faire. He is not part of the faire and tried to join a group of us earlier this year at an outing we had. We have since this time found out that he has pretty much up and went on the bigger and in his case hopefully better things. The kid changes from one thing to another.

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Brother Gregory on September 22, 2012, 07:12:32 PM
Rowen,

He will not be at the faire. He is not part of the faire and tried to join a group of us earlier this year at an outing we had. We have since this time found out that he has pretty much up and went on the bigger and in his case hopefully better things. The kid changes from one thing to another.
;D Awwww.  Rennies a bit much for him? LOL.   
See you all at the faire in two weeks!
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Weather reports are predicting highs in the mid to upper 50's and sunny.

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

It was wonderful to see everyone on Saturday! Good crowds in spite of highs in the 40's.  Excellent performances by the Rogues (I now have their 3lbs of Rage CD).

Looking forward to next year!
IWG wench #3139