News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Filling water tank on the RV

Started by Yrose, October 22, 2012, 01:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrose

We are going in on a RV for this coming weekend. I don't really want to tow it full of water from the rental place (South Houston) to faire. Any place close to fair to fill up with water?
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Glaodian

They have potable water at the campgrounds now.  And your RV, if it is fairly new, should have a water filtration system on board for drinking water.  If you only plan on using the water for showers and flushing, then the filtration system is really not needed.
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

Yrose

Since we are just renting I don't know about the filter. I always bring bottle water any way. Anyone know how many years it takes to fill up with a water hose? lol

Glaodian

Not that long.  Just a few minutes, even on the largest of holding tanks.
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

Yrose

Thanks Glaodian, need all the help we can get. First time for using a travel trailer.

Glaodian

just make sure that they provide a white water hose for your potable water tanks.  that or buy one for about $10 at wal-mart.  If you use a standard water hose to fill your tanks, the water will stink.  The white potable water hoses are made of a different material.
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

Riot

If for whatever reason you can not fill up at faire, the water department in Plantersville (right across the street from the fire department) allows you to fill up. In years past that is where I've always gotten water.. they are have a outside spigot
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

Yrose

Thank you both for the tips. Ought to be some new learning experiences this weekend! lol

SirRichardBear

Quote from: Yrose on October 22, 2012, 02:47:08 PM
Since we are just renting I don't know about the filter. I always bring bottle water any way. Anyone know how many years it takes to fill up with a water hose? lol
Only takes about 5 minutes or less to fill the 20 gal on my Aframe
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin