News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Brush with Greatness... aka Celebrities at faire

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, July 01, 2008, 03:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I was just curious to know if anyone has ever seen a movie star/famous musician/famous polititian/Athlete etc at faire.

I would imagine that they go and if they do go, do they go garbed? or mundane.

We used to have a radio station in Denver that did a Brush with Greatness where people would call in about stars they had bummed into or met.

So let's here your story if you have one. it might be fun to know that you just might bump into someone rich and famous and who know's get discovered.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Pascal

Sat next to Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top once at TRF while watching Clandestine play (years ago when Jen Hamel was still with the group).  He wasn't in garb, but was really getting into the music.

Lady Penelope

Last weekend while I was a vendor at Faery Fest in Guelph, Ontario I met Elvis Stojko, a Canadian skating champion and Olympic gold medal winner.

~Penny

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: Lady Penelope on July 01, 2008, 09:41:45 PM
Last weekend while I was a vendor at Faery Fest in Guelph, Ontario I met Elvis Stojko, a Canadian skating champion and Olympic gold medal winner.

~Penny

Miss Penny - I am envious of you!  Please say he was nice to folks and not stuck up???
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Scotsman

I met Queen Bonnie at a couple faires ... also John & DeadBishop - does this count?  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Scarlett

I watched Hugh Hefner and his three blondes attend a CA faire on the tv show The Girls Next Door.  I also watched Mencia attend a faire on his show Mind of Mencia.  That's the closest brush I've had.  LOL 
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Marietta Graziella

LOL...

I think you mean Carlos Mencia, Mind of Mencia
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Scotsman on July 02, 2008, 05:55:23 AM
I met Queen Bonnie at a couple faires ... also John & DeadBishop - does this count?  ;D

UMMMMM No not quite, BUT very close.

Quote from: Scarlett on July 02, 2008, 06:17:29 AM
I watched Hugh Hefner and his three blondes attend a CA faire on the tv show The Girls Next Door.  I also watched Menendez attend a faire on his show Mind of Menendez.  That's the closest brush I've had.  LOL 

And also not quite. Because then I could say as can many we saw Levar Burtan from Reading Rainbow at one.

I saw onthe old forum that someone bumped into Cowboy Troy of Country Music. Myself. Never seen anyone close to famous at a faire
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Lady Rosalind

Local well-known persons: the town mayor, a former govenor, plus TV and newspaper reporters. They all looked like they were having a blast!

Synikul

heh  :-X

Sometimes they want to keep it a secret.

Lady Penelope

Quote from: Emerald Shaunassey on July 02, 2008, 12:56:09 AM
Miss Penny - I am envious of you!  Please say he was nice to folks and not stuck up???

He was extremely nice and took the whole thing very well.
I remembered at work today that I've met another celebrity at a faire. While I was at Gregors Crossing in Chatham, Ontario, I met Ed The Sock, a Canadian late-night show host (who's also a puppet)

~Penny

VIII

Umm, I'm not sure I want to regale you all with the tale of my brush with fame at Scarborough Faire.

We were shooting NBC National Weather Live with Willard Scott.

Afterwards, Willard Scott grabbed me by the face and kissed me on the mouth.

I, and others stood there in shocked amazement as he walked away, loudly saying, "I LOVE you guys!"
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

AnyuBoo

I've never actually seen him at one yet, but I've heard that Tom Smith has, on occasion, been at MIRF.  (Those who don't know who he is, look him up... http://www.myspace.com/filkertom ...his songs have most people rolling on the floor.)

So far, my only actual brushes with greatness consist of brushes with Ripe, Green, Dave the Knave, and Squire Paul (huzzah!).  :D  Ok, so they're performers at Faire, but they are great.

When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

Aiacha

Quote from: VIII on July 02, 2008, 06:26:23 PM
Umm, I'm not sure I want to regale you all with the tale of my brush with fame at Scarborough Faire.

We were shooting NBC National Weather Live with Willard Scott.

Afterwards, Willard Scott grabbed me by the face and kissed me on the mouth.

I, and others stood there in shocked amazement as he walked away, loudly saying, "I LOVE you guys!"

::Imagining the sight that THAT would have made::  *snicker*

lilaney

I have seen Elvis. (though, I sorta doubt it was really him)
and there are lots of people who look like other people, but, I cannot get the gumption to
go up and ask, 'scuse me, are you that actor guy that was the star of that movie 'Six Pack'?
Nope, I cannot do it.
I met David Rankin (radio personality) and some people who work for CNN and NPR.
Betcha we have lots of stars and such come to the faires. Just wouldn't know it from the looks of'em.