News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tough Decisions and Announcements for The Pyrates Way

Started by SirBlackFox, July 06, 2008, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirBlackFox

With the new Faire Magazine (http://www.fairemagazine.com) taking off faster and with more steam behind it that we had at the beginning of The Pyrates Way, I'm afraid that I'll be forced to put more of my efforts into the new magazine sooner than expected.

This means I've had to cut back on several of the pyrate faires/festivals that we planned on visiting during the third quarter of the year.  Several big ideas for next year have been put on hold and the biggest personal upset is that I've resigned from the board of directors of PyrateCon2009. 

The Pyrates Way will still support PyrateCon in any way possible, but I just can't devote the amount of time required and it wouldn't be fair to those who cherish the event so much, if I couldn't put in 100%.  Another concern was in the economy of the U.S. . . .  if gas prices continue to rise, the attendance at the 'con will fall and those that do attend, won't have the leftover $$ to spend nor will they be able to fly their booty back home due to the extra baggage costs on every airline.

On the Upside, as announced in the Summer Issue of The Pyrates Way, (on press now), The Pyrates Way song contest has begun.  Pyrate bands must come up with either a new piece of music (preferred) or a take on a popular song that includes the words "The Pyrates Way" somewhere inside of the lyrics.  These songs must be professionally recorded and the mp3 file sent to us by October 31, 2008.  The winning songs will be included in the Winter Pyrates Way as the subscriber booty (free in every subscriber's issue).

Another announcement that we're excited about is that the booty in every Pyrates Way issue to come will include two Pyrate Trading Cards!  We're creating eight different cards for each issue, so there's no telling which cards you'll get! (64 in all by the time we're done).  There will only be 1,000 of each card produced.

So as in life. . .we have our ups and downs!  Keep your powder dry, says I!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack