News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thank god for cold beer and a/c.

Started by Baron Doune, July 06, 2008, 12:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Doune

87 degrees out...too hot, falling into the sun...I'm pretty sure of it.

A/C set to 70, I'm inside for the rest of the day.

So whatca all doing to keep cool?

Alison - Not Caterina Anymore

No kidding! I just spent the last 7 hours working down at a strawberry field. The weather was perfect until about 9am.

It's cold showers and ice cream for me.

Maybe a martini later on.

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

Cold beer and Cuban cigars - perfect for the heat.
It's always time for Chardonnay!

Captain Jack Wolfe

A/C on 74, ice cold lemonade, figuring out what to write next.  Oh, and a gorgeous steak to grill later.

Life is good.  ;D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Leyla

Not me!  I'm heading out for a bike ride and a good sweat.   :P

DeadBishop

Just got home from work...man, that was a miserable walk across the parking lot to my car.

R/F.com member since 2003

Tipsy Gypsy

Mid-upper 90's in Bryan Texas, and it ain't a dry heat, either ;D ! So like a good lil' sun-lovin' Texan, I spent most of the afternoon working in the back yard, sweating my arse off while Milord stands watch over a big juicy brisket on the pit and a boiling pot of beer wort.

My, look at the time, it's just past beer-thirty...
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Baron Doune

Did supper tonight and watching Terry Jones Medieval Lives.

I can put up with the heat till about 11ish, doing yard work (I start in at about six or so), but after that...I just want the cool.

Can't even imagine being in garb right now...ok maybe the Fairy Godfather's costume.

Really wish it would rain.

Tipsy Gypsy

I have a sprinkler system- it's a water hose, a sprinker, and me. I don't mind; it's a good excuse to play in the sprinkers and get soaked.  ;)
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Ren Jen

A/C is suppossed to be the number one envention of all time for saving lives....

We went to the zoo.  It wasn't packed at all.  Gee, I wounder why?  Love not having to mow this weekend.  Saw the lawn starting to go dormant this past week and was thrilled about not having to mow...

Kiss-me-Kate

A/C is at 74.  I folded laundry watched movies and stayed inside today.  Way too humid to do anything outside, even though the yard needs some attention.
I don't mind the heat part, it is the humidity that does me in.  It's like breathing through a wet wash cloth.  Sweating is useless, because it doesn't evaporate.
I didn't do the beer thing, I drank too many margaritas on the fourth.  I jsut stuck to ice cold diet coke or water.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Sitara

Bah!  You fancy people with your a/c!  We don't have it in the house or the van...I just sweat a lot and take cold showers.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Leyla

We installed our central A/C last fall.  The previous two summers in this house we *lived* in the office where we had the window A/C unit.  I was getting cabin fever in the middle of the summer for being trapped in this room the whole time.  It is so very, VERY nice to be able to enjoy all of the house.

Baron Doune

How did the bike ride go Leyla?

I've done some long walks in the heat before, usually dropping about five pounds.

Trying to get myself outside to pull weeds in the veggie garden.

Genta

yea its too hot, lets get the snow back :)

near 100 in houston humidity with a black multilayered sleeves mandatory doublet....

it didnt stay on very long that day.
Capt. Bacardi--- "a long wet one up here, it will not quit"
Gauwyn of Bracknell-- "M'Lady likes the bangers"