News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I need help with IE 10

Started by DonaCatalina, August 05, 2013, 06:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

I had...not the past tense... my internet options set to open to google whenever I open a new tab.
IE 10 keeps re-setting my tab to the 'tab page'. Which is annoying when I am researching something like castles because it gives me 24 options, most of which are pages I have open in another tab. I set the tab options back; but later in the day they are reset to the IE default settings.
I am not re-starting my computer, no one else is changing this setting.
How do I keep IE 10 from resetting my options several times a day?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

I looked through some things in Microsoft support.  It seems that you aren't the only one.  One thing I found had to do with an add-on tool bar.  Do you have the AVG toolbar installed on the browser?  If so, turn it off and see if that resolves the problem. Only the toolbar needs removal, not the AVG software itself.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Prima

"I aim to misbehave" ~Malcolm Reynolds

Merlin the Elder

I run all browsers because I develop application software for Internet and intranet use.  Trust me when I say that all browsers have their issues. Certain things I try to do with Chrome will make it crash every time. Mozilla gets runaway memory leaks. It really all ends up being all the plug-ins and add-ons that screw up browsers.

DonaCatalina

Thanks Merlin, I don't run any toolbars because of past experience. And I do use different browsers for different applications. I have been told by someone else that because I have all my browsers set to delete memory when exiting, IE 10 'forgets' some of the custom settings.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DonaCatalina

I deleted all of the search providers except google and delted all of the tool bars. Even though they had been disabled that is what it took to make IE 10 work correctly. I now have the setting I want and they stay there.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Huzzah for modern technology...but only when it works!  ;D