News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Amy has made the decision, Gretna Green

Started by Drac, September 04, 2013, 09:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drac

Hello all,

With my retirement from the military will also come Amy and my 20th.  I asked a while back for suggestions and got some great ones but once she heard Gretna Green all others had lost.  While, as some of you know, she has a Master's in History specializing in Elizabeth I's Court she has a minor in English Lit.  When she explained (patiently and using small words) the significance of Gretna Green to Victorian England it became clear I should stop looking :D

Right now we plan to fly out the weekend before and check-in to make sure everything is tracking.  Than off to the Edinburgh Zoo for some fun.  Than to the wedding.

From their site -

Original Marriage Room     
Smiths Hotel Deluxe Double Room
Standard Photography Package     
Classic Victoria Horse Carriage     
1 Tier Scottish Wedding Cake     
Bridal Make-up     
Bridal Hair Put up or Curls

I am looking at a full kit with 8-yard kilt (hope to leverage this for a new one) , Argyll jacket & waist coat (already got,black), plus all the accessories.  Amy is looking at a 1950's (USA) design dress and brooch bouquet.

For those of you who have done this over in Scotland or just went with a Scottish themed wedding please lend me your advise!!!

Thanks,

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

Rani Zemirah

It sounds lovely!  Like a Jayne Austin novel!  Running away to Gretna Green to be married (all over again) sounds wonderfully romantic, and I hope you share some of the photos with us!  No experience whatsoever to share, but I'm sure it will turn out wonderfully for you both!  Congratulations! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede