News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Cosmopolitan Pittsburgh 2008

Started by Professor M, July 08, 2008, 09:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor M

This is a bit of an unusual event, but I can't resist the shameless self-promotion.

I'll be giving readings this Friday night, July 11th, at Cosmopolitan Pittsburgh, an event put on by the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust.  The party is held on the rooftop of the Theater Square Parking Garage, overlooking the cultural district.  There will be plenty of drinking and dancing and party games.  Sometime around midnight there will even be fireworks.

All of you patrons of the arts should give it a try.  Here's a link for more info:
http://www.pgharts.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=14857

Maybe I'll make the society pages again!   ;)
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

kilted one

The combination of an event going on at my shop and the passing of Lady Alchemy's grandfather will unfortunately keep us from attending.  We wish you the best of luck and hope you put on a helluva show.  Good luck my friend.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Mistress Charlotte

I would love to attend this type of event.  But for now........... Enjoy and Congratulations............ Thanks for keeping us posted.
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Terry Griffith

Good gig, man.  Break a leg....or a palm.... or something.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

anne of oaktower

Well, CONGRATS, Prof!  Can't say for sure whether or not I'll make it down - depends on when the kid is getting home - but hope it is a wonderful night. 
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Professor M

Thanks everyone for your kind words.  I realize this is a big-ticket event, and frankly it isn't worth it just to see me.  But I'm sure it's going to be an all-around fun shindig.  Usually when I get a cool party like this it's a private event, so there's no point in promoting it.  Hopefully I'll get more public events like this.  I imagine the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust is going to be good exposure for me.
~ C.S. Lewis

PesterTheJester

;) Glad the event is working out for you man!

Professor M

Quote from: PesterTheJester on July 10, 2008, 11:09:55 PM
;) Glad the event is working out for you man!

Thanks, Pester.  (He originally sent the lead my way).

Last year they capped the event at 300 tickets.  This year they tried for 500 and sold out anyway.  What an amazing party with everyone dancing and drinking on the 10th-floor roof in the heart of the city.  It was fireworks night at the ball game, which looked really cool from up there, too.

Several patrons, and a few staff members, told the committee they really liked me and wanted me back next year.  Huzzah, I like repeat gigs!
~ C.S. Lewis

Terry Griffith

That's Great, M!  You never know what will lead to bigger things.  But then again, a mentalist should know.

Congrats.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Professor M

The Pittsburgh Tribune Review did a full-page cover of the event for it's Fanfare section.  And I'm not bothered by the fact that the tarot card reader is pictured and named, but there's absolutely no mention of me.  No, that would be petty.

One thing that IS cool.  Among the guests pictured is Mark Tierno, our own Marklin the Wizard.  I didn't see him at the party, but of course I was in a fixed location, and he probably couldn't see me around my crowd of adoring fans.  (Take THAT tarot reader!)
~ C.S. Lewis