News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

out of topic announcement

Started by Lady_Glorianna, July 10, 2008, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Glorianna

Local artist Wandaliz Colon (my cousin) has founded the non profit Just Because Foundation. For her first major benefit, she has organized  an evening called "Lounge Out" taking place Saturday July 26th from 4-8 pm at the Bedrock in Baltimore (401 W. Baltimore Street). This activity to raise awareness about breast cancer, lupus and colon cancer will feature door prizes, silent auction, food specials, open bar from 4-5, cash bar after that w/drink specials, free pool, darts, shuffle board, and many more! Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door.

As many of you know, Ron has been battling colon cancer. One of Wandaliz's goals for this activity is to be able to leave a mark in Ron's name. At Mercy Hospital, they have a program where a chair for their cancer treatment center can be donated in a person's name, and where they put a plaque on the wall to commemorate it. She wants to surprise Ron by making this donation in his name.. If you please, please help make this a reality. As of yet, I do not have a link to get the the tickets online but I do have tickets. If interested, let me know and we will figure something out.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Lady_Glorianna

Here is the link to get tickets online:

https://just-because.ticketleap.com

Again tickets are 20 in advance (plus a convenience fee if you get them online) and 25 at the door.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Lady_Glorianna

I have been asked about sending donations. Donations can be sent to the foundation at
Just Because Foundation
P.O Box 1097
Laurel, Md 20725
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Lady_Glorianna

Please consider buying a ticket even if you cannot attend. See this
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=2270.0 for more details.

Many Thanks,
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Lady_Glorianna

Well, one more day to this event. I will probably won't geta chance to login for a while so I want to thank those of you that have gone ahead and donated towards this by getting tickets even if you won't make it. You will be with us in spirit.  :-*;) It doesn't seem enough but I do not know what else to say but:
Thank You
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Lady_Glorianna

From my cousin:
"we need 250 dollars for the chair... we already put in an order for it though. I will be guest bar tending September 10th at the Baltimore Pho bar and restaurant, so I hope that will make up most of the difference. However we only get 10 percent of all sales from 6-10pm....."

I know it it a fair weekend but if any of you finds themselves in B'more that night, please consider helping out. Thanks!
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Lady_Glorianna

Though we have the money for the chair and dedication plaque, the foundartion still needs support. As I said before, I know it it a faire weekend but if any of you finds themselves in B'more that night, please consider helping out. I have received this reminder and am passing it along:

"Well I'm at it again and I need your help!

I going to be guest bartending at the Baltimore PHO 1116 Hollins Street Baltimore MD
September 10th from 6pm to 10pm!
10% of all sales will be donated to The Just Because Foundation.......
So come check me out behind the bar at the PHO and drink for charity, what a great reason to drink!
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Lady_Glorianna

Just received the following:

Hey just a reminder that this Wednesday September 10th

I am going to be guest bartending at the Baltimore PHO 1116 Hollins Street Baltimore MD

from 6pm to 10pm!

10% of all sales will be donated to The Just Because Foundation.......

So come check me out behind the bar at the PHO and drink for charity, what a great reason to drink! Food sales also help the cause, so come hungry and eat some yummy pho!!!

Feel free to email me with any questions and I hope to see you all there.

Guess it was postponed from Saturday due to the weather!
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair