News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Half Orphan :(

Started by LaFemme NaKitty, July 11, 2008, 01:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaFemme NaKitty

My Dad passed away Wednesday afternoon, after a short bout with stage 4 liver cancer.  It was so aggressive, we barely had a chance to do anything about it - he made it 6 months past his initial diagnosis.  He was young - only 67 - his hair wasn't even gray.  It hurt all of us, him included, to watch his body fail.  He was amazingly brilliant, and would get so upset in the end that he couldn't figure out how to take pills or eat with a fork.  It must have been so hard to look his demise in the face and KNOW it was coming soon.  He was SO brave.  The part that's hardest of all is that he decided to keep it a secret - only my mom, my brother and I knew.  He didn't want our friends and family to feel sorry for him or to think of him differently.  We honored that request.  Sadly, as I'm calling friends and family to let them know what happened, I'm running into some upset people - more upset that they weren't told, than that he passed.  It just makes it harder.  I know I'm lucky - I still have my mom, I have good friends, I had some of the best quality time with my dad before I lost him.  But my heart just aches inside with all that he had to go through and all that I've lost.  I was Daddy's Girl and now I feel so alone.  I'm sending up good thoughts and wishes that he's no longer in pain and finally has figured out all of life's mysteries he was so eager to know. 

lady serena

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

RenRobin

You and your family are in my prayers.  I am so very sorry for your loss.  I know I will be a basket case when my father passes, as I too am a daddy's girl.
Loki-terr (in training)

CatAshtrophy

I'm so sorry about your father. You, your family, and your father are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry that you are getting angry reactions when you tell people the news. My aunt has terminal cancer right now and is keeping the direness of it from many of her friends as well.

Ginette

I am so very sorry for your loss,you and your family are in my prayers.  Please let me kow if you need anything .
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

renren

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!
((hugs))
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

LadyOren

My sincere condolences to you and your family.  Losing a loved one is never easy, keep his memory and life lessons forever in your heart.  I understand your father request and you should be proud that you honored it.  That took great strength.  Take time to grieve and know that you are never alone in the world.  Peace and blessings.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman