News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Twilight fans? Warning, Contains Spoilers!!

Started by Lady Neysa, July 20, 2008, 01:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Neysa

Quote from: blue66669 on July 31, 2008, 10:27:57 AM
Alright ladies, we have roughly 2 days till Breaking Dawn. Do we have our MIdnight Release Parties scheduled???

Yep, sure do!  Becca's gonna wear her "Love at First Bite" Forks t-shirt, and Brian will wear his Forks, vampire capital hat.  It's gonna be a blast. I hope it isn't as crowded as the Harry Potter party was, that was just nuts.

Wait, maybe I do want it to be as popular, because..

Random thought:  What do you think about the movie being released so close to Half Blood Prince?  I think they're being released 3 weeks apart.  Is that enough space?  I'm equally crazy about Harry Potter, but I worry Twilight won't get the attention it deserves going up against Harry.

GypsyWriter

"Why on earth would I be interested in a high school love story about teen agers?"

For over a year now I have thought this as my 16-yr-old daughter has urged, begged, and pleaded with me to start reading her favorite book series.  I just didn't see how I could possible enjoy it.

Yesterday I cautiously read through this thread, and then I finally picked up Twilight...

And now I am completely hooked!  I only slept about 4 hrs last night because I was up reading, and I'm on page 304, ready to start pleading with my daughter to give me the 2nd book because I **have to** keep reading.
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: blue66669 on July 31, 2008, 11:23:24 AM
I've been having Twilight dreams for the past 2 weeks. I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!

Ok, here's what I hope will happen...

1. Edward and Bella get through their wedding, and then have their "honeymoon"
2. Bella gets changed!
3. Jacob gets a GIRLFRIEND
4. All of the Cullens stay alive

AMEN!
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Blue66669

Quote from: GypsyWriter on July 31, 2008, 11:25:40 AM
"Why on earth would I be interested in a high school love story about teen agers?"

For over a year now I have thought this as my 16-yr-old daughter has urged, begged, and pleaded with me to start reading her favorite book series.  I just didn't see how I could possible enjoy it.

Yesterday I cautiously read through this thread, and then I finally picked up Twilight...

And now I am completely hooked!  I only slept about 4 hrs last night because I was up reading, and I'm on page 304, ready to start pleading with my daughter to give me the 2nd book because I **have to** keep reading.

See, the same thing happened to me. I'm still recovering from the loss of sleep due to Twilight mania. 3 days, minimal sleep. I actually read the books while I did data entry at work. Set the dem thing up underneath my monitor so I could look like I was working but I was actually reading the book. I just can't WAIT ANYMORE!!! I'm so freakin excited.

My husband's neice is the one I borrowed them from, she's my tweenie tweenie inbetweenie. Yeah, she's the one that keeps me up to date on what all the uber-younguns are into, like Hannah Montanah and Cheetah Girls. You know, all that Disney and Nickelodeon stuff. I took her to the Hannah Montana concert... I actually really liked it!!!

As far as it goes for Harry Potter and Twilight, I'm of the mind that there's no way in HELL that any self respecting Potter/Cullen fan will let this winter go by without seeing both movies on their midnight release date. My hubby and I do that with HP, and we'll do it with Twilight as well.
Blaidd Drwg

LadyMeg

AH!  Can't wait for the release, but I'll have to wait a few days for mine (pre-ordered it to avoid getting to the store and it being sold out!)...  And I can't celebrate with a midnight wait... have to be at faire to work far too early for that to happen... am working on incorporating something Twilightish into the garb... just don't know what... ideas?
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

peggyelizabeth

I had an 8th grader ask "If I bring the best book ever, would you read it?" I said, "sure". 
That's pretty much where I started.  I've borrowed the first 3 from kids & one of them is buying my book tomorrow at midnight, but she isn't going to give it to me until Monday, b/c I have costumes for the show she's in to finish before we open a week from tomorrow! Being able to read the book is my incentive to get them done!

Blue66669

OK, so I did a bad bad thing. I found what looks to be a legitimate copy of the first 7 chapters. Let me tell you, if this is real, OMG!!!!! If you wish, I'd be willing to share info via renmail. Otherwise, just have to wait and see...
Blaidd Drwg

Valeria Skyye

I did something even worse... after getting the 1st 7 chapters yesterday, I accidently.. well on purpose found chapters 8-14. and OMG doesn't even begin to cover it.  :o
Co-founder and member of Clan Dragonass
Member Clan McLotofus

GypsyWriter

Hard to believe I'm so caught up in this!  Last night I spent 2 hrs tracking down my daughter--she thought she was in trouble for something--so you can imagine her humor when I demanded, "I need New Moon!"

And you can imagine my dismay when she couldn't immediately track it down from the various friends she might have loaned it to!  I had already checked our library system: 50-some copies, and every single one is either checked out or on hold. 

It necessitated a trip to Borders late last night, getting my own copy a mere 10 minutes before the store closed.  The clerk, by the way, sheepishly confessed that he had finally started reading the series himself, and was every bit as hooked as I am.

It's madness, ladies! I can't wait to get caught up!!
--Colette

Blue66669

Quote from: AngieP on August 01, 2008, 12:25:23 AM
I did something even worse... after getting the 1st 7 chapters yesterday, I accidently.. well on purpose found chapters 8-14. and OMG doesn't even begin to cover it.  :o

HAHAHAHA!!! I couldn't get the 8-14 to work properly! I would have read them if I had. Poor EloquentXI, I messaged her last night and told her that I had it, and sent it to her at around 11 or midnight. Good thing she didn't have school today, or else she would have *suffered* from lack of sleep!

Um, PM me about 8-14...
Blaidd Drwg

Mistress Charlotte

You guys are funny!!! haha.   If I had time today I would take you up on the offer to accidentally find the first part of the book.  I get mine tonight at midnight at our local Barnes and Noble "prom Party".  I hope to read a little bit tonight but I have to be up and ready to work faire early Saturday. 

I Won't really get to be into it until Monday.......... Shoot........

I a looking forward to holding the book in my hand though.   I will probably tread lightly here until I have the opportunity to read it completely.  Don't want to spoil it for myself.............

Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Lady Neysa

Quote from: GypsyWriter on August 01, 2008, 07:34:31 AM
Hard to believe I'm so caught up in this!  Last night I spent 2 hrs tracking down my daughter--she thought she was in trouble for something--so you can imagine her humor when I demanded, "I need New Moon!"

And you can imagine my dismay when she couldn't immediately track it down from the various friends she might have loaned it to!  I had already checked our library system: 50-some copies, and every single one is either checked out or on hold. 
It's madness, ladies! I can't wait to get caught up!!

The same thing happened to me with Eclipse!  I ravenously finished New Moon late one night and went into my daughter's room to ask for Eclipse only to find she didn't have it!  She said she must have forgotten to get it back from a friend.  I whined like a little baby, and was at Walmart the very next morning where to my great relief found a whole row of the books. 

GypsyWriter

Thanks for the reminder, Lady Neysa.  I'd better have her start looking for Eclipse now, before I finish this one!
--Colette

Charlotte Rowan

Ah! Breaking Dawn does come out tomorrow - I'd forgotten!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Blue66669

Tomorrow???? Silly girl, TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT!!!
Blaidd Drwg