News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where is your favorite camping spot?

Started by ladybriony, July 05, 2014, 10:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladybriony

Hello all!  Every year my group and I camp in the rows near the bonfire.  We like being near the little corner store for coffee in the morning and near the porta potties, but the noise of cars driving by wakes me up regularly in the night.  Lately I've been wondering if there are better places to camp.  Where is your favorite spot and why?

Brig

When I do camp, it is definitely in the family section. It is MUCH quieter there at later hours. I'll just drive over to bonfire, carouse then, drive back to camp to crash. Be warned,however, that trains pass in the night on occasion and blow their horn. If you're a light sleeper........not so good. Some choose to park waaaaaaay in back or corners farthest from the fire but, out of the family area. I can't speak on those tho'. Hope this helps. GL.

ladybriony

That train is the worst!  It always wakes me up, without fail. 

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

You may want to try the new areas back behind the old row 0.  It used to be called "the negatives" but they've expand a lot on the backside of the loop and along old 0.  The loop itself has many established clans...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

DOH!  I need to get that map updated.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

JackGonzo, MD

I don't know if it's my favorite, but my group has been consistently camping at the intersection by the family/non-family for a few years now when we go. Close enough to the bonfire, but still somewhat quiet. Only downside it's a bit of a walk to the gate so no going in and coming out on a regular basis.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

prothos

I like the new section the opened up last season. i park near the main road close to the fair entrance. cuts down on the walk to the fair. Away from the bon fire to sleep but close enough to walk. I made it in early and got setup before the crowds started to roll in. It would be in the G22 area on last seasons map

LadyStitch

Our group stumbled onto a slot back near row 14-15 5 years ago.  It is across the road from portajons, it is a slight walk from the bonfire, and far enough from generally rowdyness to let our "old timers" sleep in the night.  The only drawback is that it is far from the gate, so we end up driving up to the gate.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Mouse

So far, nearer 1-3, but I've kinda started to fall for the overflow parking turned camping rows. Backed by small burms, one end blocked off, nary a walkthrough...it's nice.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)