News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

kansas city renn fest ...

Started by Johnwolfe, February 17, 2015, 08:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

We'll be having a pre-cannon tailgate tomorrow (Saturday, 19 Sep 2015) in my "carriage", a silver Mazda 6 (it has a bulldog USMC sticker in the lower left rear window, and a Langer's Ball sticker in the upper right rear window).  We should be there around 0900.  I imagine we'll be very near the VIP parking; I hope to park on the treeline on the other side of VIP.  If not there, across the (gravel) road from VIP.  We should have mimosas, mead, and doughnuts.  If you wanna come, feel free!  You can bring stuff to the party if you like, but don't feel obligated!

Please come, if nothing more than to say hello!

Butch

We had the pre-cannon, with mimosas and Krispy Kreme "Talk Like a Pirate Day" free doughnuts!  Shared with passers-by, and had a great day in the lanes!  Perfect Faire weather!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on September 22, 2015, 09:47:18 AM
We had the pre-cannon, with mimosas and Krispy Kreme "Talk Like a Pirate Day" free doughnuts!  Shared with passers-by, and had a great day in the lanes!  Perfect Faire weather!

so we planning a tailgate for closing weekend (Oct 17/18)?  I know m'lady and I always tailgate, just checking with you  8)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

OF COURSE!!  So to all who shall read this:  GREETINGS!  Please plan to arrive in the carriage lot before cannon, and share in the festivities to celebrate Lord Gauwyn's visit to our humble shire of Canterbury!  Please mark your calendars for Saturday, 17 Oct as the main event (with a possible repeat performance the next day)!  We shall have adult beverages and light hors d'oeuvres; but please plan to stop by and introduce yourself even if you do not plan to imbibe!

More on the location later, but mark your calendar now!

Butch

PRE-CANNON TAILGATE REMINDER:  A week from this Saturday (NOT the 10th, but on the 17th) we shall have a gathering in the carriage lot with adult beverages and light hors d'oeuvres.  I cannot be sure where we will be, as they keep changing the way they fill the lot almost every faire day!  Your best bet is to private message me this week (through the forum here) and ask me for my cel phone number if you think there's a possibility you'll be there!  Then that morning (17 Oct) you can call and I'll tell you where we are!

Please come and meet some of your fellow R/F-ers!  You are certainly welcome to bring some refreshment to share (food, soft drink, hard drink) but that is not at all expected!  Just your smiling faces will be enough!

Come, join us as we close down this season of the Kansas City Renaissance Festival to a close!  We'll try to have fun without you, but it will be so much better WITH you!

Butch

It will be chilly this Saturday!  Mid 40s overnight (Friday into Saturday) with a high in the lower 60s on Saturday.  Break out the cold weather gear; and be sure to stop by the pre-cannon tailgate for your "mead jacket"!

I hope to see everyone this weekend!

Butch

Tomorrow is the big day!  Probably plan on being there at 0845!  I am ready with light hors d'oeuvres, GRAND Mimosas, and a few other surprises!

If I haven't given you my number yet, and you want to have some pre-cannon fellowship with your fellow RF.com brethren, please PM me very soon (today!) and I will give you my cel number.  Then you can call me tomorrow morning to find us!

I hope to see everyone there!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Had a blast as always when we get together with Butch !!  till next time
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

We had a great time too!  The different beverages were wonderful, as were the "healthy" cookies.  And I am so happy for the wonderful goodie bag Lady Adelae provided; I smell apple pie all the time now!  As always, it's truly a pleasure to spend time with you and yours!

Oh!  And thank you, Tamtaro, for bringing your small (but cheery) group to help us kick the day off right!

Craigmeister

Some people have been shocked before that I got in the gate with points on my arrows.  Next time I go, I'll take some arrows with no points on them.  (They never come out of my quiver anyway.)
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.