News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's Your Favorite Thing About The Norman Medfaire?

Started by Craigmeister, March 19, 2015, 12:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

My favorite part of the Norman Medieval Faire is hearing great hammered dulcimer music (thank you, Mary Hanover).  This year, it runs from March 27 - 29.

www.medievalfair.org
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

There are lots of things I love about the Norman Medieval Fair!  The Royal Procession... the amazing variety of vendors from all over the country... getting to see our friends who both vend AND attend... the really impressive SCA encampment, with all of the fascinating demonstrations by medieval crafters and artisans... all of the talented entertainment... and, of course, the Pirates of the SeaWolfe!  They are good friends of ours, and we are always happy to see their amazing ship in "port"!  I am very sad that they won't be with us this year, since the ship is in "dry dock" for repairs, but they will be back next season, good as new!  Oh, yes... and lets not forget the delicious homebrewed cream soda and sarsparilla!  Lots to love about NMF!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

I was wondering about the Sea Wolf today when I didn't see it on the map.  They used to have a small boat called the Sea Pup, didn't they?  Now my favorite thing about Norman that is going on this weekend!  Huzzah!  Faire season in Oklahoma is officially underway!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

I believe they still do, Craig... although I don't know it's status at the moment.  I do know that they all had other things going on for the weekend, so none of them were able to make it down to play, unfortunately.  They are all planning to return next year, however, so we'll be seeing the Wolf again soon!  Apparently their production company is taking off in a pretty big way, though, and they are staying busy with stage sets, themed events and even holiday productions.  They created and executed the entire set design for the traveling Polar Express holiday train pop-ups that were everywhere last Christmas... and have been asked to take them to Europe this year, apparently!  I am more impressed than I can even articulate... although everyone on the crew is incredibly talented and artistic, so it's not exactly surprising. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

Wow!  That's impressive!  I didn't know that they had branched out so far from pirate and Renaissance themes.  Cool.

Rani Zemirah

The crew of SilverWolf Productions have done some truly amazing things in the last few years!  I'm not sure why the Polar Express gig isn't listed on there, but it might have something to do with copyright law.  Disney is sort of particular about those things... so even though they did all of the actual design and work they might not be able to advertise it.   ::)  But they have a lot of their other, more local sets listed on their website, and I know they've been keeping busy with all kinds of local club shows (including quite a few things that aren't quite as, uhhh... "rated PG", if you get my meaning, and are more for the "underground" scene... but a gig's a gig, right?), as well.  They are making quite a name for themselves in the theater scene, and are work as hard as they can toward making it actually support them all full time.  Hard dream to realize, for any of us... but if anyone can do it, it's that crew!  They may be a scurvy looking lot on the best of days... but that's mostly just greasepaint!  lol 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede