News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Good tent for large groups

Started by Rissk13, July 28, 2015, 07:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

A couple of these would do it.  We've got one, and they are nice and roomy.  For the two of us it's like a palace, with room for two queen size air mattresses and gear (one on each end), plus a full open space (larger than another queen size air mattress) in the middle for dressing, a table and chairs and all of our garb.  It withstood the tornado that Jess was talking about with hardly any bending at all, and the only leaking was from a few drops of rain blowing up under the rainfly where I forgot to stake it down.  And it takes less than 5 minutes to set up... and has NO POLES!  It really is an amazing tent! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

KeeperoftheBar

It helps if you have your own minion to do the inflating, like Rani does.
I do love that tent of yours, Rani.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

It survived Rennado when a lot of other tents were smashed and trashed...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

Keeper, it IS really nice to have a minion (not so little, these days... she's starting high school in just a few days... :o ), but I can even inflate it easily, myself.  When we bought it I set it up on my own, and then made Scally set it up by herself also, just to make sure we could if necessary, and after unpacking and laying it out (around 10-12 minutes including the ground sheet and stakes) the inflation, itself, takes 5 minutes or less.  It includes an excellent hand pump (so you never need to worry about having electricity for it), and each "leg" tube takes either 8 or 12 pumps, depending on whether it's a short or long tube, and there are 4 of them.  We love it, also... and don't get to use it anywhere near often enough!  It's the best tent I've ever owned, and I managed to find it for right at $224 around 3 years ago.  If I ever choose to own any other tent it will have to be a period canvas tent, because that's the only thing that would make trading this one in worth it  (and even then I'd still keep it as a backup)! 

And yes, Fraser, there were tents all around us that were destroyed the next morning... smashed, flooded, caved in, blown away... on every side... but ours was still standing perfectly straight, and didn't even pull up a single stake the whole night.  I would trust it over any other tent I've ever slept in, and there have been a few! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede