News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A cool breeze, please

Started by robert of armstrong, July 31, 2008, 01:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert of armstrong

This Sunday will be my second trip to GLMF.

Last year, sunny, but 96 degrees.  Wearing chain maille and leather armor made for a hot day.  I think I lost 10 pounds in water alone.

This year, the forcast for Sunday is cloudy periods, 94 degrees.  And wearing scale maille (about 20 pounds heavier)

Why can't it be more like 75-80 degrees?  Does anyone have a hook-up to get some cool breezes?
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Capt. Morgan

Good Sir Robert...

Believe me...we all are in accord with you about cooler temps in Avaloch...truly I believe it is some sort of game between Morgana and Merlin...but fear not...the forecast for this Sunday (August 3rd) reads thusly:

Sunny, High 79 degrees with a 10% chance of rain

This is, of course non-binding and the actual day will tell the truth of it all....we can but hope!

Looking forward to seeing you this coming Sunday...where you can usually find a group of us by a Pub (go figure) The Stumball Inn to be precise!   ;)

Till then, Safe Journey

Captain Morgan Dunne
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

trevor ylisaari

I guess the old saying about "beware what you ask for, you just may get it" applies to our shire also.
All run we were asking for cooler temps.
We got them this past weekend.
Saturday was cool but very comfortable. A truely awesome day.
Sunday ..... well..... things went a little too far.

You are not supposed to be able to see your breath in the afternoon in the middle of August!
When we got out to the car at the end of the day, the thermometer said it was 61.
That coupled with being soaked to the bone from the very cold rain, just made things very uncomfortable for those of us who only have garb for much warmer weather.