News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TRF tropical storm update!!

Started by Just Randall, August 05, 2008, 09:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Randall

So, it's 10 a.m. and it hasn't even started raining here yet at Faire site. Will update more later.
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

PurpleDragon

We were/are getting rain in my area which is about 50 miles or so East of your location... it may or may not get you.  Just keep us posted.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Just Randall

valt

Been a real letdown here in Alvin, just constant light rain.  Really was a wimp of a storm.  I needed the day off of work anyways to get rid of this damn head cold I managed to aquire over the weekend.

Fenster

Some good rain and decent wind(nothing to worry about) here in Montgomery.  Don't think any damage will come to the grounds.

Just Randall

So, 3 O'clock, I've been working on-site all day... and I've seen more rain and wind from a spring shower. Been really pathetic, actually.

brier patch charlie

I had hoped it would make it's way up here to Arkansas and brake this heat wave were having. This 100+ heat has every thing dryed out.
Charles Coleman

Queen Bonnie

We had about 20 raindrops here- East of Austin! Hoping for more! Sigh!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

eloquentXI

I'm glad it wasn't worse... sounds like everyone needs rain though.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

dbaldock

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on August 05, 2008, 05:11:41 PM
We had about 20 raindrops here- East of Austin! Hoping for more! Sigh!

Well, we may have had as much as 40 raindrops here in McDade!   ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

tigerlilly

We got a pleasant shower in Tomball.  The temperature has dropped considerably, but it's still humid as hell.

No big exciting storm.  I'm actually a little disappointed!

Sir Martin

We had a good amount of wind gusts here in Beaumont.  Lots of limbs down around town, but not any major damage.  At this tme our main concern is from flooding, but it looks like this storm is blowing through and not staying to drop several inches on us.  Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. 

jamvidman

Eddie was a Cold Wet Blow for the Gulf Coast!!!
We really needed that rain!!! about 1/2 foot of rain!!!  Didn't get it in Spring...  My Grass is getting more & more brown!! :(

I was in Anawhack with The Weather Channel, and Bill Kneeley (Met.)....

Cold and wet down there, but a Great experiance for my Son, who is learning to shoot, and actually had some of the video he shot air on TWC....

I'm so proud!!! 8)

Queen Bonnie

We got a bit of rain in Elgin. Need more.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!