News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Extended weather forcast

Started by Lord Figaro, August 08, 2008, 06:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Figaro

According to the farmer almanac

September and October will have below-normal precipitation, with above-normal temperatures. October will be one of the warmest Octobers on record.

So if it's right, we may have a dry, warm fest season!?!?!?!?! :o :o :o
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Escarlata

And the PTB have smiled upon the succubus if those forecasts are true. Someone knows that I like it WARM!!!!!!!!
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Alison - Not Caterina Anymore

Woo! Hoo! I'm getting married in October, so I'm glad to hear we wont be freezing our butts off.

DeadBishop

I just heard on the news that this summer has overall been much cooler, with only 7 days above 90 versus 27 days last summer, so I'm hoping that means a cooler fest season as well.

R/F.com member since 2003

Charlotte Rowan

From Accuweather.com:

Saturday, August 16: High of 83, intervals of clouds and sun
Sunday, August 17: high of 81, mostly sunny.

Sounds like a great opening weekend! Way better than last year, at any rate!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Storm

Quote from: Deadbishop on August 08, 2008, 11:24:38 AM
I just heard on the news that this summer has overall been much cooler, with only 7 days above 90 versus 27 days last summer, so I'm hoping that means a cooler fest season as well.

I'm with you DB. I am hoping for cooler season also! Sorry Esc!

Too bad fest could not stay open a little later into the evening. Last night at the Fest preview party when we go there it was still quite warm and I was quite glad that I did not attend in garb. But, after a little while, as the sun sank lower in the shy, it became really quite comfortable. Perfect faire weather.

Ya, I know towards the end of fest the sun sets a lot earlier then it does now, but it sure was nice out there during those last couple hours of daylight last night!

Celtic Lush

Well, as of this morning the weather guru's are predicting rain Saturday morning. All chant together, NO RAIN, NO, RAIN, NO RAIN!

Rage

Its great this morning and yesterday would have been a perfect day for fest.

Capt. Bacardi

Well the weather channels do not seem to be agreeing again....what is new.  ::) Looks like we have a shot at rain all week except Sat now. Thou I know that will change several times by the end of the week.  :o
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Charlotte Rowan

Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Rage

Pirates don't melt... If its like last year we might want to have some long boats ready.  ;D

I saw the same report as Bacardi. Temps like really nice. Weatherman, the only job you can have that your allowed to be wrong 95% of the time.

Has anyone got pictures of the two guys mud diving last year?

Muffin

No rain, no rain, no rain!!!!!!! Don't need a repeat of the lake we had in front of Foaming Stein last year on opening weekend!!!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Erynn

According to Weather Underground it looks fairly good. Only a 20% chance of a rain, and there's still time for that to go down.

I am so bringing grungy garb in case of rain and puddle diving....

Will Gamwell

The extended forcast from Weather.com now says

Saturday 77F and partly cloudy
Sunday  77F and 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms

*crosses fingers for no rain on sunday*

Rage

Quote from: Rage on August 11, 2008, 10:01:42 AM
Has anyone got pictures of the two guys mud diving last year?

Found one: