News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Which Faire Are You Most Looking Forward Too?

Started by Craigmeister, February 04, 2020, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Thank goodness the majority of this winter is over!  What festival is everyone most looking forward to attending in 2020?  Mine is usually the Norman Medieval Faire.  While there are some smaller events around Oklahoma some years before it, Norman has everything to offer.  Over the years, I've usually been able to pick out a nice warm day to be garbed up, see my vendor, performer and patron friends to kick off the spring right.  It's the best place for me to experience Tullamore's music set after set.

The Oklahoma Renfest picked up its game quite a bit last year though by hiring Jesse Linder to sing his amazing songs.  I'll be happy to hear a lot from him as well.  (I still wish I lived closer to the Sherwood Forest Faire too.)
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

RefMom3

My home faire is Bristol, so I'm always looking forward to that. I haven't been back to the Oklahoma faire in Muskogee for a couple of years, or to tag along with the Wizard Merlin and Lady Nim to Scarborough for a couple of years, either, so it would be lovely to be able to get back to both of those. Our family recently experienced a dramatic event, though, so it may be that Bristol will be all we can manage. And I'm grateful for it ;)

Merlin the Elder

We do certainly miss you. We will be at the opening of Scarborough. We are thinking about a trip to Sherwood Forest as well, and it has been a while since we went to Castleton. Nim may be having surgery on her back this Spring, which will impact anything we do.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RefMom3

I was driving along 294 last night, thinking that if I just made this little exit, I could keep going and visit someone... sometimes it's very tempting ;) I'll keep Lady Nim in thoughts and prayers~

Craigmeister

I've seen many of your posts, Merlin, but I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you in person.  If you do arrange to the Castle this spring, please let me know when.  I'll endeavor to go on the same day or weekend.  I hope your wife gets well and stays well.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Merlin the Elder

As it turns out, Craigmeister, my Bride will be having surgeries in April and May that will preclude us from traveling during Castleton's run. We attended opening at Sherwood this past weekend, and will be at Scarborough opening weekend.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Craigmeister

I'm sorry to see that Merlin.  Mayhaps our paths can cross next year.  I'm stuck north of the Red River this year.  I hope the surgeries go well this spring.

I'm glad you made it to Sherwood.  That site is one of my favorites.  Lots of good people and things to see there!