News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Galveston Steampunk Festival

Started by Trillium, March 28, 2023, 06:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trillium

http://www.galvestonsteampunk.com/
Happening this Saturday at the Railroad Museum, if anyone is interested. It's the first year so not sure what to expect. Entry is $35 online, $40 at the door. We plan to be there, it's a birthday gift for our son.
Got faerie dust?

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I will be curious to know how the festival was. plz let us know....
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Sir Martin

I won't be able to make it, but it sounds like a lot of fun.  The train museum should be a cool place to host the event.  I'd really be interested to hear what the Midnight Vampire Tour experience is!

Trillium

I'm assuming the Vampire tour is like a ghost tour. We wanted to do the tea on the train but it's way out of budget at $60 per person on top of $35 entry. I know Galveston is a bit far for most people on here but wanted to put it out there. I'm excited to see how it goes!
Got faerie dust?

Sir Martin

I hope it is a great experience, Trill.  My budget is a bit strained now because of medical bills, but I hope it is a success and maybe I can go next year.

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

man I couldn't resist the vampire tour or the tea on the train. I wish you could do both and let us know how it is. I do understand the budget issue.. Maybe someone from the festival is on here , wishful thinking..
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.