News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A year in the Life of Savvy...that's me....!

Started by savvy, August 14, 2008, 04:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savvy

First off, let me say how much I have missed you all and faire this year. But don't worry, Savvy will be back next year.

As some of you know, I have been in Afghanistan for the last...uh....8? months. It's been interesting. We left Colorado in late November and arrived in Afghanistan on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas? Heh. Santa must not have gotten the memo.

It was cold, so very cold. When it snowed, it was like the ground grew a layer of ice. Walking to work was fun. I felt like I needed ice skates for a while. The locals are all really hard working people. Most of them have families, but little or no income other than working for us.

My base that I live on is surrounded by mine fields. Many of the local villagers get treated on base for mine related injuries. They are grusome and not something that the faint of heart should ever see.

Spring here was mild, followed by a blazing summer that has yet to yeild to the mercies of fall. It's hot and blustery. Sand is everywhere, even though I'm surrounded by mountains.

Our gear is state of the art. Some of it I'd like to have for good, but that won't happen. Uncle Sam must keep the gear for future deployments.

As much as I've disliked this past year, I'm glad for the experience and to be able to say that I have servemy country in a time of need. And I fully believe that. If it weren't for soldiers, marines, airmen and seamen fighting in the sand, the American people would taste war on the homefront after decades of relative peace.

And that's a taste of my year.

Now, what news of faire this year? How'd it go? Who's new on cast and who left? 

ooops.... i gotta get back to work now. my NCO is starting to get grumpy.

Cake or death...? What kind of options are these?!

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Mistress Charlotte

Glad your back safe and sound.  Welcome home!
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Blushing

So glad to hear .... well read .... from you!  I think I have pictures of you somewhere ...

And thank you.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Zoë

Huzzah!  Welcome home, and welcome back to the boards!  :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

savvy

not quite home yet. but we should be before christmas...i hope.  :(

Cake or death...? What kind of options are these?!

Blushing

~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~