News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Burning a Heretic

Started by Obadiah Jib, August 18, 2008, 10:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

So this past Sunday I was at Bristol when a group of noble and what appeared to be guards past by to the slow beat of a drum.  I asked "What goes on here cousin?" and a well dressed fellow invited me to join them as they were in route to burn a heretic.  This made me curious but I had other pressing matters.  What is the story with this event?  Looked like a bit that could lead to stage combat and a rescue!
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Obadiah Jib

No cast can help with this?  It looked pretty good...

groomporter

Totally unrelated to Bristol, but my old Scottish group once did a skit at a little one weekend Renfair where they marched off prisoner who "violated" a capital military regulation and "shot" him with a firing squad of musketeers on a hill overlooking the site. Never got any feed back on how it was received.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Vartha

Almost sounds like the Quaker. I haven't run into that from tales of fellow clan and kin.

Obadiah Jib

I thought it might be part of the Robin Hood show but I since I didn't see the event I can't be certain.

Vartha

That's what I didn't like about the old Sea Dogs Skits too. They "stage" the scenes all over the faire and if you weren't familar with that you might not know what's going on.
  Since I was working during faire, I'd miss out on both Robinhood and Sea Dogs. Wish you had pics of the people that were making the statement. I DO know what the actors look like since a Close friend WAS one of the old Sea Dogs.