News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Day Experiences!

Started by LadySeasan, August 24, 2008, 12:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadySeasan

Huzzah! I get to start a thread!!! ;D

How was your opening day experience for 2008?
I know many of you are happy about the weather, last year was a scorcher! I found it quite pleasant today, although I did get a little it wasn't too bad.

What about the shows?  If anyone attended Fight School at 11:30 am, then you know those guys went off the naughty end at the beginning of the show.

This year I decided to wear my nobles garb that I made myself, this was the first time doing such a big project, and I received alot of positive responses, I was very pleased!  This is my dress:

So, how was your opening day experience for 2008???
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Dustin

Nice garb. I don't think we'll be ambitious enough to try noble garb for a while yet...
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

LadySeasan

thank thee!

i never thought i would do nobles garb either, but it is very fun still to wear it!

Lady Neysa

Quote from: LadySeasan on August 24, 2008, 12:35:13 AM
What about the shows?  If anyone attended Fight School at 11:30 am, then you know those guys went off the naughty end at the beginning of the show.

Waaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Aww man, sounds like I missed something good!  I couldn't be there for opening weekend, I miss Fight School!!

LadySeasan

Quote from: Lady Neysa on August 24, 2008, 11:45:02 AM
Quote from: LadySeasan on August 24, 2008, 12:35:13 AM

Waaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Aww man, sounds like I missed something good!  I couldn't be there for opening weekend, I miss Fight School!!

oh yes they were hilarious! i missed the second show because i was at half moon purchasing a cloak :)

lowlandscot

Not only was I at the Saturday morning Fight School, so was my 13 year old daughter, who has been studying historical swordmanship for about four years at the Virginia Acadamy of Fencing. I have never seen her laugh so hard, and be so engaged from beginning to end, in an MDRF show. Now her goal in life is to grow up and be the first female member of Fight School. God help us all.

Scotsman

My lady and I had a great time ... my best experience was going to faire with my brother on Saturday ... we haven't gone to faire together for 20 years. Awesome.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

SirBlackFox

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z312/SirBlackFox/MDRF/2008/Opening%20Weekend/

Some of the over 700 photos I took yesterday. . .  what an incredible weekend of hugs, kisses, handshakes, and minor groping.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Scotsman

You just had to post the Turkey Leg shot ... DAMN!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Master James

Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Dallan

Fight'n

Master James

Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lupa

What a wonderful opening weekend!  The weather couldn't have been nicer and the friends are the best part.
Goddess of the Grove
DoRT
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3576
IFoRP #1360
FOKTOP Inquisitor
Cheer'n M'Crack

LadySeasan

thank you for those who have posted your pictures.  mine were all about my friends, lol, i didnt take many pictures of alot the fair itself. if you would like to see you can click on the picture below: