News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hard summer

Started by TheFerret, August 25, 2008, 12:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFerret

One of the reasons I've been so quiet this summer is that I've been wrapped up in a lot of grief. Back in July, my Gramps passed away rather suddenly. He was the father figure in my life and so it was loosing not only my grandpa but the closest I had to a father. It's been a really hard transition because he so honestly believed that he'd never die that everyone else, including myself, believed it as well. On top of this loss, I've recently broken up with my boyfriend due to a lot of things but partially due to him not understanding my pain and calling me too needy. We both work out at MNRF so I still see him and I still love him but it wasn't working out. I'm working on staying strong and picking myself up but it's hard. I really miss Gramps as I always turned to him for advice and now I can't.

If you could keep me and my family in your thoughts/prayers/etc, I would be eternally thankful. Mom is now going to get both of her knees replaced and she's afraid that she may not make it through the surgery. Sometimes I hate living so far away from home.
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

Charlotte Rowan

I'll pray for you and yours, ferret.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

lordwriothsley

Ferret I'm so sorry for everything that's been going on with you lately.I can sympathize on how it feels to loose a grandfather cause mine passed away in 1999 and was just like you the only real father figure I really had.As for breaking up with a significant other I know all to well of how that feels to cause not to long ago maybe a year or so I had to break things off with my ex-girlfriend because deep in the relationship I found out that she was living a double life and not being faithful to me.What made it especially hard on me was the fact that I was beginning to love her but knew in my heart that I did not need to be with a girl that was treating me the way she was at the time but anyway hang in there dear cause I promise you that everything will be alright.I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

irish

I too, know what it is to loose a 'father figure', in your life. I will keep you in my thoughts during your time of grief. Always remember the good times you shared, with smiles and  laughter!
Take care!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)