News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Irish Weekend Special

Started by mathemactor, August 29, 2008, 12:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mathemactor

It is official (straight from the AD's email!)
Irish Weekend (Sept 6 and 7) will see the Festival open for an extra hour! Yes, after Pub Sing, the band Keltish will take over at the White Hart and play until 8.

will paisley

Quote from: mathemactor on August 29, 2008, 12:07:34 PM
Irish Weekend (Sept 6 and 7) will see the Festival open for an extra hour! Yes, after Pub Sing, the band Keltish will take over at the White Hart and play until 8.

AFTER Pub Sing? That should be interesting.  I hope the standard chat-with-everyone-and-herd-to-the-gate mentality doesn't step on their performance.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

lowlandscot

And as all you VARFers know from closing weekend 2008 -- Keltish KICKS REAR!!

mathemactor

Quote from: will paisley on August 29, 2008, 12:47:12 PM
Quote from: mathemactor on August 29, 2008, 12:07:34 PM

AFTER Pub Sing? That should be interesting.  I hope the standard chat-with-everyone-and-herd-to-the-gate mentality doesn't step on their performance.

The Festival will continue until 8 PM, with various entertainments.  Keltish takes the stage at the White Hart from 7-8, the Interpreters will perform from 7-8 at the Globe (could that be a "late night" version of their show?), and so forth.  I would stay tuned to the official site (www.rennfest.com) as the information develops.