News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Last Weekend

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, August 30, 2008, 06:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Lord Stephen & I will be there on Sunday and Monday.

Lady Kathleen & Lord Philip of Olmsted will also be visiting on those days. 

We'd love to meet other forum members!  If you will be there and would like to get together, renmail me, and we can exchange cell phone #s, so we can contact you when we get there.

Can't believe it's the last weekend!  Where did the summer go????
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Vartha

I wish I could have made it up one weekend from Arkansas, But the pictures that everyone has supplied have made it easier this year on my Ren-withdraw.
  I hope one day I'll be able to make a virtual Bristol we can all go to all year long. The 3D bristol I'm making is for viewing only.  :(

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

All I can say.......WHAT A BLAST!!!

Attend8ng Bristol was the best!! The weather was great, warm but bearable. The hospitality, food, music, etc., WONDERFUL!!

Photos will be forthcoming from this wonderful last weekend.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Renee Buchanan

What a magical last weekend at Bristol.  The ending musicians' revelry brought tears to many, many eyes.

On Saturday, Steve and I wore our noble garb.  The most wondrous thing happened.  A little girl, around 4 years old, came up with her mother and asked if she could give us a gift.  She gave me a gold colored stone.  Then her 3 year old sister did the same and the older sister, 7 or 8, also gave us a stone. 

They were absolutely charming.  Well, I had 3 favors left over in my basket, and I asked them if they would like a gift from me.  They thought we were the king and queen, and we assured them we weren't, but we knew they just had to be princesses.  They nodded solemnly, and replied, yes, they were princesses.  Their mom pinned the pins on their dresses, and the smiles went from ear to ear.   The mom came back to us later and told us that we had made their daughters' day at the faire.

A wondrous day, meeting lots of people.  Sergi was there with big hugs, Kat celebrated her birthday with Craig of Farrington doing a more melodious rendition of "Happy Birthday" than Steve and I did for her, and we had the pleasure of meeting Tbird and his family, who were so beautifully garbed. We "saved" seats for Nimue, her husband and her friend for Christophe's show, and Nimue is such a beautiful pregnant lady, looking fantastic in her garb!

Later, wandering into the Friends of Faire Garden to check it out, we met Unilady who was gracious and kind enough to show us around the area.  One bad experience about 12 years ago there, and we had never been back, but this time everyone was so nice to us, we're really thinking about joining next year.

Bringing happiness to others -- that's what faire is all about! 
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Athena

Renee, I'm glad you & Steve had such a wonderful weekend, I was thinking of you at MIRF! Nickie and I have discussed attending in the past, hopefully one day it will happen.

I hope some pictures are posted soon!  :)
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Renee Buchanan

We had so much fun at Bristol this weekend, we didn't even take the camera out!  Luckily, Lady Kathleen of Olmsted had her magic box, so I think she will post pictures.

We would love for you and Nickie to come up for a visit.  And all other forum members, too!

Don't forget, I am the Mistress of Welcomes and Hospitality, and I give big hugs to everyone!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Dayna

I'm so glad we got a chance to meet, sorry I missed Lady Kathleen.

2008 was the 10th anniversary of the FOF Garden at Bristol, this year we had new directors and many new henches as well, the consensus seems to be that this was a great season and plans are already underway for even more great things next year, so check back for updates as well as announcements of other events such as Mid-Winter feast in early February.

Dayna and Nixie, aka Unilady and The Mighty War Rat of Bristol
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Vartha

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on September 02, 2008, 08:05:06 PM
We had so much fun at Bristol this weekend, we didn't even take the camera out!  Luckily, Lady Kathleen of Olmsted had her magic box, so I think she will post pictures.

We would love for you and Nickie to come up for a visit.  And all other forum members, too!

Don't forget, I am the Mistress of Welcomes and Hospitality, and I give big hugs to everyone!

Since I worked most of the time during openin season at Bristol, I'd make it a must to get out with the camera to get as many pics of friends throughout Bristol for that year, just for a yearbook I'd keep.