News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

An Idea for October McLotofus get together

Started by Zardoz, September 01, 2008, 11:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardoz

Here's a thought I had about a McLotofus meet in October,  On Sunday, October 5th, 6 PM, TRF entertainers "Wine and Alchemy" (former members of E Muzeki) are having a show at The Mucky Duck Pub in Houston. This is the Sunday prior to TRF opening weekend. Tickets are 10 bucks, and you get a T-Shirt.
http://wineandalchemy.com/Calendar.html

http://www.mcgonigels.com/

We're planning to go, and since I assume there would be a few RF folks at this show anyway, and I thought it might be fun to have a McLotofus gathering there. Even more fun, how about going in garb?  You get to see a show, scare the mundanes, and maybe promote TRF a little too.

What's the clan think?
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

MacLaren

Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

valt

I saw them there a month or so ago whenever they were there.  It was a good show and already have plans and a ticket to attend the next show with a friend.  So I shall be there.

Yrose

I'd love to, but the hubby is not much of a club man. I'll have to see.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

valt

It is not really a club, it is more a tavern/pub.  You walk in and there are several straight tables holding about 10 to 20 people a piece, and a bar.  They offer some food items and drinks as you sit.  Its a fairly small place and a good atmosphere.  I don't do clubs either and I was comfortable at the Mucky Duck.

Lord Zenok

I would agree with Vault. I will still be in Korea that day so, I want make it. Comeing back on the 6th of October.

Zardoz

Anyone else planning to attend?   Thanks to Ike related power spikes I've got somewhat limited 'net access right now, so I can't keep up with the forum as much as I'd like.   >:(   But the Oct. 5th Wine and Alchemy show is still on,  so hopefully we'll see ya' there!
IBRSC# 1619,

Var Greyshadow

Thanks for the reminder!  I might try to make it.  (We'll see how bad the headache is after the St. Arnold's pub crawl Saturday night - same area btw - the Duck is the first stop, unless something changed with the rescheduling.)  If I go, I'll be in garb lite.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

JackGonzo, MD

Depending on how much we get done at the booth this weekend I'll try to make an appearance
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

MollyGrue

That sounds like a lot of fun! I love Wine and Alchemy's sound. I think I might be too young for the pub, though. I'm but a wee 18 year old lass.  :(

valt

Quote from: MollyGrue on September 30, 2008, 12:32:04 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun! I love Wine and Alchemy's sound. I think I might be too young for the pub, though. I'm but a wee 18 year old lass.  :(

Tis true, 21+ unless accompanied by a parent according to this page on their site: http://www.mcgonigels.com/hours.htm

Blue66669

Hell, I'm still trying to get my house back in order from the last time I let these Clan hooligans into my home!!! (just kidding, the party was totally worth the mess)

I'll be working at TRF this weekend, so I won't be able to make it.

Just FYI, a lot of times, we suspend Official Gatherings for October and November, as well as April and May (for Scarby), so that we can have our faire time. We resume in December for the McLotofus Christmas Dinner.
Blaidd Drwg

PurpleDragon

Quote from: blue66669 on September 30, 2008, 12:50:32 PM
Hell, I'm still trying to get my house back in order from the last time I let these Clan hooligans into my home!!! (just kidding, the party was totally worth the mess)

I'll be working at TRF this weekend, so I won't be able to make it.

Just FYI, a lot of times, we suspend Official Gatherings for October and November, as well as April and May (for Scarby), so that we can have our faire time. We resume in December for the McLotofus Christmas Dinner.

Isn't it always worth the mess when we get to have our fairmily over for a bit of debauchery?

I'll be out at TRF on Saturday this weekend, setting up camp and such.  Maybe I'll get a chance to swing by and see ya.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Zardoz

Well, I never thought of it as an "Official Gathering", I just figured it would be something the folks here might be interested in.
Hopefully we'll see a few of ya' there!  Otherwise, see you next week on opening Sunday!  ;D
IBRSC# 1619,