News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New 'bits' for the pirate garb

Started by Obadiah Jib, September 11, 2008, 06:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

Anyone have any new and interesting little items that adorn their garb or act as character props?  I recently picked up a few glass gems of rather large size to use as props.  I also received a fresh water Chinese pearl earring from my wife for the ever growing Jib persona.  Lastly I started to wax my mustache which has gotten some positive attention from the cast and patrons of MRF.

How about you?
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

I just started making "P" branding irons ( use with stamp pad, please - not heat) and branding all potential pyrates. Fun with kids and of course, branding the ladies in the most suggestive places.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

Taffy Saltwater

I make my brand w/a fleshy pink lip pencil, lightly smudged & blotted, then followed by a couple of layers of rigid collodion, which puckers the skin & makes a pretty good scarring effect.  Smells like hell till dry.   I also have 3 pairs of earrings that look like two white beads, but are printed w/pirate ... wench; saucy ... wench & another I can't remember. 
Sveethot!

Lady Renee Buchanan

This summer at Bristol, I wanted pirate earrings.  Wasn't sure whether I wanted skull & crossbones or a pirate ship.  I have 2 pins on my hat, one of each, and I thought earrings would be cute.  When I went into one of the shops that sell pirate supplies, they had both kinds of earrings.  While I was debating with Steve, "which ones?," the saleslady heard me and said, "Why not one of each?"  I didn't realize the pairs could be broken up, and she said that a lot of guys only wear 1 earring, so they sell them by the pair, but they don't have to match. 

So I bought 1 skull & crossbones and 1 pirate ship.  It's not anything different or exciting from what probably lots of others have, but for me, it's new, & I love 'em!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

renren

I like playing around with beads and stuff  my pyrate necklace,I'm making on for Serena,too!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: renren on September 14, 2008, 01:39:57 PM

I like playing around with beads and stuff  my pyrate necklace,I'm making on for Serena,too!

That's too cool, renren!

This year I acquired a compass/sundial. I don't 'really' use it, as obviously I never get lost at Fest and my cell phone tells the time much more accurately, but it's fun to stand in the shade and look puzzled and frustrated with my sundial.  ;D Also since my character is supposed to be the sailing master the compass helps a lot with that. I've had lots of people comment on it.

Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Taffy Saltwater

A set of skeleton keys - actually, two sets of skeleton keys since my first got lost w/in the first hour at TRF - &  some antiquey shackles.
Sveethot!

Aiacha

It's not specifically pirate, but I did buy a poison ring to wear with my pirate garb...

renren

Quote from: Aiacha on October 20, 2008, 01:33:49 PM
It's not specifically pirate, but I did buy a poison ring to wear with my pirate garb...
That would easily fit into the theme, tho!  :)
I've seen then, and thought of getting one.
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Taffy Saltwater

Renren - love the beads on either side of the skull - bootiful!
Sveethot!