News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Brigadoon wine & cheese weekend.

Started by brigaqueen1, October 20, 2008, 02:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brigaqueen1

Just wanted to put it out there that once again the ladies who camp in and around Brigadoon are going to start doing our wine & cheese tasting! The weekend we have picked is November 8th (Sat. night) . It should get going a little after the fireworks...to give people time to get back to camp. So..... 8:30 ish is my guess.

Basically if you want to join in, just bring a bottle of your favorite wine (or Loki...why not!), cheese, crackers, fruit, etc. (or a combo of that) We will set everything out and mingle, eat, drink and be merry!

I already have my 2 bottles of Vampire wine...and will hunt down some good cheese, fruit and crackers!

Hope to see some of you at our camp  ;D
*Stephanie*
I'd rather laugh with the sinners, then cry with the saints.

Blue66669

Hey Steph!! Saw you at Randolphs while I marched parade, and so happy to see you :P

I will be attending the Wine and Cheese weekend, I'll leave my selection with Mousie as I don't get out of Castle Kzar until 9ish.
Blaidd Drwg

LadyElizabeth

*starts jumping up and down screaming... sits down quietly "it was a bee"*  this is how I feel right now because this is literally the ONLY weekend we will not be at TRF and I absolutely ADORE wine and cheese parties....  *wipes tear from eye*... have a wonderful time though and love your idea.
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

brigaqueen1

Well shoot Elizabeth! Maybe if all goes well, we can do another weekend....since we didn't do one last season....we can double up and catch up!!

Sounds good Blue....it was good seeing you strutting by in the parade!! You looked wonderful!! We'll save some good stuff for ya!
*Stephanie*

LadyElizabeth

REALLY!!!  Well, if you do do another weekend, I'll bring a bottle of wine I bought in Paris a few months ago for everyone to try... I'm a bit of a wine conisseur myself and absolutely adore cheese.  I will bring my favorite cheeses too and some of my favorite breads to go along with it. 
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Red the pirate

Blue66669

Does anyone in brigacamp have a spare plug???? Mama's got a chocolate fountain...
Blaidd Drwg

LadyElizabeth

*all out weeping doth ensue upon hearing of said chocolate fountain*
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Red the pirate

brigaqueen1

Ooooh chocolate....Ill ask this weekend...Im sure Missy & Kerry have a spare plug with their generater....they did bring a chocolate fountain last year for thanksgiving lol....Im tasting it already! Yum!
*Stephanie*

Lady Mousie

Yay! I can't wait Steph! It's gonna be awesome! My mouth is watering already!
Briga-Vala-holic
Chaingang wench
Mother to Reignbeau Dawn aka Mini Mouse

Celtic Gypsy

I will bring a bottle of red wine and a bottle (or two) of white wine. For the cheese....I have to find a good cheese shop. Like there are no good places to find good cheese in Houston.  ;)  (Watch me have to bring something like a block of cheddar for walmart, because husband keeps getting into & eatting all the good cheese. He does this with the exotic cheeses for our special dinners. This is part of the reason we end up eating out so much. He eats the stuff for our dinners, and never asks if it for something in particular. Oh well. Sorry for going off on the rant.)

Count me in for wine & cheese.

Lady Mousie

Whole Foods, Central Market, and HEB Plus usually have a really good cheese section :-)
Briga-Vala-holic
Chaingang wench
Mother to Reignbeau Dawn aka Mini Mouse

brigaqueen1

Yep yep, I'll check out the cheese at my job (Sam's Club)....they have awesome tasty looking food there! And probably grapes, maybe strawberries...oooh cantalope!
*Stephanie*

Tanyor

JimsDana

Hey! brigaqueen 1, jimsdana here, sorry that i will miss this sound like fun to be had by all!
my heb (290 & barkercypress) carreis a "sticky toffee cheese" (sweeeettt) with dates and raisins, a nettle cheese and many others. Hope to see ya'll before next season.
Take my hand and walk with me through life, or send me in the general direction, then point and laugh!

Aiacha

OK, this sounds like fun, however, this is my weekend off.  I will say, Central Market has a Guinness Cheddar that I'm dying to try.  If anyone's feeling adventerous, pick some up and report your findings  :)