News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Colour of Magic

Started by renfairephotog, October 28, 2008, 12:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

found on fantasy is love
Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic to US Television      

Written by Robert McKay   
Tuesday, 14 October 2008 15:57

I'm not quite sure why I hadn't heard about this before, but the Terry Pratchett book The Colour of Magic was made into a miniseries that aired in the UK in March 2008. For fans of Terry Pratchett that have been eagerly anticipating the US television debut of The Colour of Magic, your time has come!

ION Television has announced that it will be airing The Colour of Magic in one solid four hour block on November 23rd at 7pm. Looking through the cast list I was quite surprised at the names I saw. The miniseries stars Sean Astin, David Jason, Christopher Lee, Jeremy Irons, and Tim Curry. That's quite an impressive bit of star power.

The Colour of Magic is the first book of Terry Pratchett's highly acclaimed 36 novel Discworld Series. For those unfamiliar with the series it is a comedic fantasy series with elements of social satire, set on a disc shaped world that sits on the back of a giant turtle flying through space. The Colour of Magic follows the misadventures of Rincewind, a failed wizard, and Twoflower, Discworld's first tourist. The television adaptation of the novel will also include some plot points from the second Discworld novel, The Light Fantastic.

This is the second Discworld novel to have been adapted into a miniseries, the first being Hogfather in December 2006. Hogfather was released on US DVD in November 2007 exclusively at Borders and then in wide release in March 2008. If they treat TCOM the same way they did Hogfather you may very well be able to get your hands on a region 1 US DVD before the US television debut, but only at Borders stores with a wide release to follow in early 2009. There are no reports to confirm that at this time, however.

http://fantasyislove.com/
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

theChuck

i heard about it, but i haven't yet seen it. hopefully it'll be as crazy as the book..
The Renlist - find faires near you!