News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scarborough 2009 tickets

Started by DonaCatalina, November 05, 2008, 08:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADraeger

Thanks for checking for me.  I hope they have it up soon! :)  I'm looking forward to buying my first FoF pass. :) :)  (and get good use out of it, I pray :) )

eloquentXI

Aye, I no doubt that you will get your moneys worth out of it. Just for the free gatorade and water, it makes it so worth it, especially on the later weekends.

I'm hoping that I'll be getting my FoF pass soon, also.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Berit

Sorry guys, we lost our internet for a while today.  Our ISP went down.  It's back up now.  Regarding free tickets and pins for Friends of the Faire, we will be handing those out when we give you your photo ID.  Hope that helps to clear things up.

ADraeger

Woot! Got 'em.  I'm SO excited. :) :)

Nicolas-Antoine

Quote from: Nicolas-Antoine on January 11, 2009, 10:59:57 PM
I'm assuming the comp tickets will be mailed out to those who printed their tickets?

????? Anyone know?

Berit

The comp tickets and the F of F pins will given out with the picture ID card.  You can have your picture made at the North Texas Irish Festival - March 6-8, at the Friend of Faire preview event on March 29 from 1 pm - 6pm, or outside the gate on show days.

DonaCatalina

I called the office and RSVP'd for the FOF event. The girl who answered the phone
seemed surprised to hear from me.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Berit

Thank you for asking, just call the office Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm and tell who and how many.  We need to have everyones RSVP by March 20 so that we can order enough food.  We are in the process of putting up a special Friend of the Faire page on our website with a FAQ section for you all to able to go to.

ADraeger

What, exactly, is the FoF preview event?  Do we come in garb?  :)  (I'm obviously new... not to Scarby, but to the FoF event(s).. :) )

DonaCatalina

Quote from: ADraeger on January 20, 2009, 11:08:52 AM
What, exactly, is the FoF preview event?  Do we come in garb?  :)  (I'm obviously new... not to Scarby, but to the FoF event(s).. :) )

You are asked not to attend in garb. This is a dress rehearsal for the cast. In the case of new members,
a chance to perform for crowds. They serve lunch and you have the opportunity to socialize with the cast afterwards.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

ADraeger

That is cool!  I hope we can attend.  That'd be a great way to meet many. :)  Thanks for the info. :)

lilaney

Donacatalina is right; it gives the FoF holders a chance to chat with the cast 'in' and 'out' of character. I have enjoyed the preview the past two times I have attended.

ADraeger

Quote from: lilaney on January 21, 2009, 11:17:22 AM
Donacatalina is right; it gives the FoF holders a chance to chat with the cast 'in' and 'out' of character. I have enjoyed the preview the past two times I have attended.

That would be neat.  I don't know any of the cast - it would be awesome to meet some of them (they do a marvelous job - i'm envious. lol :) )

Ronald the Bald

The problem with the FOF event is that I don't know people when I see them out of garb.

Last weekend my wife and I sat at a table in a restaurant next to a couple of faire folk. I have known her from Hawkwood, Scarby, and Middlefaire. I recognised her when she came to our table. Still didn't remember the guy she was with. If I saw him in garb I could probably remember.

One of the fun things is finding out who is really on cast. Some of us playtrons stay in character so well that it is hard to tell they aren't.

Sonata

Any info on roughly how many FoF passes are left? I won't be able to get mine until Feb 11 and I'm a little anxious that they'll sell out beforehand.
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett