News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scarborough 2009 tickets

Started by DonaCatalina, November 05, 2008, 08:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilaney

Berit might know, and you should be fine if you have to wait.
No worries  :)

Sonata

Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

eloquentXI

Indeed, I'm waiting eagerly to see if my father is going to stay true to his word about buying me a FoF pass.

:-\ I hope they don't sell out before then!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

DonaCatalina

Tell your father if he waits too long the price goes way up!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

ADraeger

Quote from: Ronald the Bald on January 22, 2009, 11:32:57 AM
The problem with the FOF event is that I don't know people when I see them out of garb.

Last weekend my wife and I sat at a table in a restaurant next to a couple of faire folk. I have known her from Hawkwood, Scarby, and Middlefaire. I recognised her when she came to our table. Still didn't remember the guy she was with. If I saw him in garb I could probably remember.

One of the fun things is finding out who is really on cast. Some of us playtrons stay in character so well that it is hard to tell they aren't.

haha :)  I can see that being a problem!  I imagine it'd take me a few times meeting people (both in and out of garb) before I put the pieces together. lol

I hear you on the playtrons!  I've run into several individuals I assumed were on cast - I was completely wrong.  I wish I could pull off a character as such, but it takes a lot of time and practice.

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Ronald the Bald on January 22, 2009, 11:32:57 AM
The problem with the FOF event is that I don't know people when I see them out of garb.

Last weekend my wife and I sat at a table in a restaurant next to a couple of faire folk. I have known her from Hawkwood, Scarby, and Middlefaire. I recognised her when she came to our table. Still didn't remember the guy she was with. If I saw him in garb I could probably remember.

One of the fun things is finding out who is really on cast. Some of us playtrons stay in character so well that it is hard to tell they aren't.

Maybe we should wear our R/F pins and possibly name tags.  ;)
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

eloquentXI

Quote from: DonaCatalina on January 27, 2009, 10:54:22 AM
Maybe we should wear our R/F pins and possibly name tags.  ;)

That is a great ideaaaaa! *bounces* They do that at Rendevous! Another thing to organize!  ;D I'll have to find some fun nametags to make for everyone! :)

Ottheinrich

Elo,

Try designing some thing and I can print them :)
and you can hand them out at the FoF Preview

Berit

Sonata,
You should be okay.  We don't usually get near full until Early March.

Berit

Macintyre

yeah!  just bought my FOF tickets!  BLING BLING HOLLA DOLLA BILL YO!!!

Melkar

This year is the first time I'm going full-bore with the FoF pass.  I'm really looking forward to the preview event and getting a chance to talk with everyone. 

Yea, I'm not going to recognize some people without their standard garb. Then again, y'all might not recognize me without the hat.  ;)
BCNU,
  Melkar

eloquentXI

Quote from: Melkar on February 01, 2009, 10:47:04 PM
This year is the first time I'm going full-bore with the FoF pass.  I'm really looking forward to the preview event and getting a chance to talk with everyone. 

Yea, I'm not going to recognize some people without their standard garb. Then again, y'all might not recognize me without the hat.  ;)

I have a feeling that I will!  :-* No hiding either, I demand a hug from you!

Melkar

Your demands are my wishes Eloquent.  ;)
BCNU,
  Melkar

eloquentXI

DonaCatalina

Does anyone know if we can email photos in yet to get our real FOF passes?
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess