News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pirate Zoe and her PC

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, November 20, 2008, 11:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Zoe

Just wondering how your PC checked out. Did you get a chance to run the diagnostics and have it show any thing or try the recovery CD?

Let me know if you need help

Delaney
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

I did not yet get a chance to run the diagnostics last weekend.  I am not even certain that I have the disc here with me, I might have left it at my parents' in which case I'll have to do it next week when I go home for the holiday.  However, a friend capable with Vista mentioned that computers with it sometimes have issues with Hibernation, so, just out of curiosity I went into my settings and disabled automatic hibernation (going to sleep after a certain amount of time of inactivity) and then left it on while I was away at class for about 4 hours, and when I returned it had not blue screened.  First time that's happened in a few weeks.  So, I'll continue to see if anything happens.  I noticed yesterday that it had gone into hibernation while I was taking a nap and then it would not turn back on--and when I finally got it turned off and back on again, it told me it had recovered from a BSOD.  So maybe that's been the problem all along.  I haven't seen a blue screen because it hasn't been having one, it's just been going into hibernation and not waking back up from it. 

I'll let you know how it goes.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy