News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

McLotofus Renvasion weekend?

Started by *Teach*, December 01, 2008, 12:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What weekend do you think would be best for the renvasion?

Opening April 4th & 5th
April 11th & 12th
April 18th & 19th
April 25th & 26th
May 2nd & 3rd
May 9th & 10th
May 16th & 17th
May 23 & 24th & 25th

*Teach*

OK folks... there has been much discussion but no decision on which weekend to have the renvasion of Scarby. I thought it would be good to open a thread to (politely) debate which weekend will be our main renvasion.

My own thoughts lean towards either opening or closing weekend.
Opening is a favorite because it is generally nice and cool and everyone likes to go then anyways.
Closing weekend because its a three day weekend.

Those also happen to be the weekends I am fairly certain the Lovely Lady Trinn and I will be out there. Any others will be pretty tricky for us.

Once we have talked about it for a bit, I'll start a poll on this thread... didn't want to start out with that until people have had a chance to have their respective says on the matter.

*Free rum for the first one to post in this thread! Oh! That's me! Sweet! Free rum for Teach!*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

MacLaren

I'm in. I'm actually thinking of opening a booth anyway....
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Macintyre

any day is a good day.  i myself am more partial to opening weekend.  i march with the Queens own Highlanders and closing weekend we are usually very busy with the memorial day stuff and so on.

Messyn McCleavage

As wonderful as cooler weather sounds, it just makes more sense to go on a 3 day weekend for someone like me who has to make a 4 1/2 hour drive. I won't have any vacation days to use, either, so I would arrive at bed time Friday and be exhausted driving home Sunday!  :(  We should "convince" the faire owners to give us onsite camping. With showers and flushies.
Gneonach Gnomie - SW Houston, TX

Zaubon

I like the three day weekend as well, but after watching the ambulance parade closing weekend last year, I lean more toward earlier in the season. Since there is no camping I'm not burning a bunch of vacation for Scarby either

Thomas Eagle

I like openning myself for the reason of it being when everyone is really stoked and past ready to be at faire.  BUT... Idk what weekend we do it cause I Ally and I will plan to be there openning and closing if possible, and we will be there renvasion weekend for sure. 
Honorary Member of the B.S. Crew
Teller of "Memorable" Stories  "Ding" & "D/A"
Part-time Camp Organizer

Love Good Wood

we are getting season passes this year, since we live about 5 minutes from Scarby... i normally work sundays but i'm gonna try to switch with a co-worker for the season (keeping my fingers crossed)

hey MacLaren... what kind of booth?... i checked it out and they are costly $900 minimum i think... more if you rent someones booth, plus you have to have your wares juried

vamptasia

heheh Um I'm not in the group but I'm shooting for Opening weekend.  Vampy will need a fair break by then and well I haven't been to Scarby since my Husband left me in 2004 lol.  Its time to go back.  *giggles*
Vamptasia
I have a built in Koozy
*Evil Grin*

Rani Zemirah

I will definitely do my best to make it, no matter what the weekend... but it will probably only be for one day, since there's no camping, and I live a few hours away. Although, that gives me a few months to figure out where the after party will be, eh?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Var Greyshadow

I agree with opening weekend.  I have no idea how often I'll be able to make it this year, but I know I'll do opening and closing.

I agree with Zaubon about closing weekend - it bordered on miserable last year.  We even left early both Saturday and Sunday and had to force ourselves to get through the worst of Monday afternoon.  Earlier in the season would be preferable.

Like Macintyre, Lawrence is in the Queen's Own Highlanders, and I'm in the Royal Guard, so we're pretty busy with the Memorial Day events as well.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

LadyShadow

When is Scarby?  I wanna go  :o  I might need to start scheduling and planning now.  Just tell me when and where so I can cross my fingers, wish and pray that I can make it  ;D
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Reaper

I vote for opening weekend also. Don't know how much more I could go since my room mate moved out and money is going to be tight for me unless I get a new roomie.

Reaper the Grimm / Trool the Troll
IBRSC #1150 / Ren Merc #858
Clan McLotofus
Enforcer/Sentinel

Lala

I'll be there - doesn't matter what weekend. I live in the Metroplex, and Scarby is only about an hour away. I get a season pass and my daughter and I come out quite a bit.
Sound & Fury Poster Girl - Texas edition

TRF Performance Co. 1992 - 2000

*Teach*

Quote from: LadyShadow on December 02, 2008, 09:12:54 AM
When is Scarby?  I wanna go  :o  I might need to start scheduling and planning now.  Just tell me when and where so I can cross my fingers, wish and pray that I can make it  ;D
April 4th through May 25th
It looks like the general consensus is leaning mostly towards opening weekend for the main renvasion. Cooler weather seems to be prevailing over longer weekend lol
Come on folks... get to posting so we can get to planning. Some of us have to put in our weekends off this month to plan for next year.

*and I need to know how soon to start stockpiling the rum...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Rani Zemirah

I'll go ahead and commit to opening weekend! Less waiting!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede