News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone ski??

Started by *niemi*, December 04, 2008, 11:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*niemi*

Since I have yet to meet about, say, 90% of ya'll- and since I practically live at the Powder Ridge chalet from Nov. to April, I thought I'd see if any of ya'll ski.  (Near Kimball, south of St. Cloud) If you don't, Powder Ridge is a great place to learn.  It's one of the smaller ski hills- not too steep, and lower priced lift tickets... and I promise not to laugh  ;)
I'm there every Saturday, most Sundays, and 2-3 afternoons during the week.  I'd love to have more ski buddies  ;D

Vexed Viscount

Both MG and I love to ski! We haven't been to Powder Ridge yet but we promised one of our friends that we would go with him there (he lives in Hutchinson). Our sons are eyeing the recent snow with vsions of snowboarding and skiing.
"A witty Saying proves nothing" -Voltaire

Pascal

I had an assignment in Minneapolis through the winter several years back.  I was staying and working real near the lake near where the GMAC building was -- I think it was just off 100.  Bought a season pass at the little ski hill just south of the lake and skied there every day during lunch!

I had rented an outside locker to store my stuff -- was really surprised to find it frozen boilerplate solid one day (and why not?  I wasn't thinking!).  Had to beat on it with a shovel to get it opened.

*niemi*

My sister lives in Hutch!  Drop me a note when you plan to go~ I'll post a flag in the chalet so you can find me :)
Here's my myspace:  www.myspace.com/mmnl1072  I'm more likely to answer messages there...
Visions of skiing are better than visions of sugar plums.  What is a sugar plum?!?   ???

Ren Jen

Hey, if you all head up let me know.  I used to love to snowboard.  I still have my board and boots someplace in the garage. 

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

Hey, look north of the border and you'll find some of the best skiing around.  (NW Ontario)
It's always time for Chardonnay!

Storm

Skiing is just not my thing, which is kinda ironic since I grew up less then 10 minutes away from Mt. Kato in southern MN and never went there. I also currently live about 5 minutes away from Buck Hill in Burnsville and never go there either. Although, Buck Hill does have slope just for snow tubing. That looks kinda fun.

I tried skiing once while I was in college. Once was enough for me to learn that I am better off in the chalet then on the hill!..LoL

Ren Jen

You sound like Steven.  I tired to teach him.  Years later he still blames a sore shoulder on falling down the hill. 

renren

Quote from: Storm on December 14, 2008, 08:54:28 AM
Skiing is just not my thing, which is kinda ironic since I grew up less then 10 minutes away from Mt. Kato in southern MN and never went there. I also currently live about 5 minutes away from Buck Hill in Burnsville and never go there either. Although, Buck Hill does have slope just for snow tubing. That looks kinda fun.

I tried skiing once while I was in college. Once was enough for me to learn that I am better off in the chalet then on the hill!..LoL

Know what you mean, I live about 45 mins from Giants Ridge, and I haven't been there since H.S.!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL