News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I need a Seamstress!

Started by Aernn, December 15, 2008, 06:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aernn

Hi everyone!

I am in need of a seamstress.  I am needing to purchase a formal winter gown in somewhat specific colors.  It would be somewhat of a uh Elizabethan/Italian style I think.

I thought I had someone who could help me with this, but now they are requesting that I send them a corset/bodice that I already have.  But that turned into a problem as the person I bought that from had not pre-shrunk the fabric so it is too small!

Now the bad part, I need this by March.  I have the money to pay for it, I just need someone who can make it.  I do not have fabric or trim picked out, just general colors.

Any seamstresses here who could help me out?  (I am located in Denver if it makes a difference).

(I couldn't find a list anywhere of those who accept commisions and was not sure where to post this).
All know that only bards and pregnant women need ever explain themselves ~ Unknown (otherwise saying, can't remember)

Lady Renee Buchanan

Aernn,

Check your Renmail.  I sent you a private message.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Ottheinrich

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on December 15, 2008, 06:47:09 PM
Aernn,

are you telling her the same person I am going to recommend?
I know you are

She dose the most beautiful work and it will fit like a glove.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Ottheinrich on December 15, 2008, 07:01:42 PM
Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on December 15, 2008, 06:47:09 PM
Aernn,

are you telling her the same person I am going to recommend?
I know you are

She dose the most beautiful work and it will fit like a glove.

Yep, Ottheinrich.  You got that right!  I'm on the schedule for a red velvet Irish dress (with the underskirt matching the tartan of my husband's "good" kilt), and I can't wait!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

That makes two of us, as I have a Deep green and tan Elizebethian gown with removeable sleeves and a partlet
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Aernn

Thank you all so very much!

I really appreciate the help!
All know that only bards and pregnant women need ever explain themselves ~ Unknown (otherwise saying, can't remember)