News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

movie sequel to Twilight set

Started by Lady_Glorianna, December 17, 2008, 09:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Glorianna

just read that "New Moon" will open Nov 2009
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

GypsyWriter

Best news of all:  Taylor Lautner is not signed on to resume the role of Jacob Black! 

**SPOILER ALERT**  Do not read beyond this point if you have not read the book
**SPOILER ALERT**

Nothing against him--he was fine for smiling, happy pre-wolf  Jacob.  But as a 40-something fan, I've been hoping they will find an adult to play Jacob after his "growth spurt."   ;)

Team Jacob: because Jacob never left
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Trillium

My first thought when I saw him in Twilight was he was too big already.  I always pictured him smaller, since he is younger than the rest of them, and then Bella is shocked by the growth spurts.
Got faerie dust?

RenaissanceInBlood

He's a cool guy, but I'm kinda glad they changed him.

GypsyWriter

Well, Taylor Lautner was signed after all.  I grudgingly have to give him kudos, as he seems to want the role very badly, and has been very dilligently working to prove he can portray the more mature Jacob Black.

I'm just pouting because I can't, in good conscious, lust after a 16 year old little boy.   :-\
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
--Colette

Blue66669

Oh but I can... (get em young and train em up)

*droooooool*
Blaidd Drwg

RenaissanceInBlood

Well spank my butt and call me Charlie. Or something. Or other.

Lady Ashly

So how does everyone feel about Dakota Fanning being cast as Jane in New Moon? I personally love her as an actress and she does an amazing job in all her movies, so I am looking forward to it! I am just keeping my fingers crossed they don't cast that Vanessa Hudgins girl to the movie.
"I love thee, I love but thee with a love that shall not die till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old."

Lady_Glorianna

hot topic is runing a contest to visit the set and be in the movie
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

maelstrom0370

So....
I just watched Twilight last night.  I'd been avoiding it (like the plague, I might add!) due to the whole Dawson's Creek meets Lost Boys vibe it seemed to have.  But then I noticed it was on pay-per-view and I was bored to tears.  I gotta admit, it wasn't too bad.  The whole "sunlight makes us sparkly" bit got my inner vampire geek a bit worked up, but all in all I was pleasantly suprised with the movie.
Going on the theory that the book is always better than the movie, I might just have to check this series out.

Lord Figaro

That's one of my fears. I've read the books and fear the movies won't stand up to it. But I did want to see it when it came out, but it was the usual yeah yeah we'll see that , then poof nothing.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

serenamoonsilver

Quote from: maelstrom0370 on March 10, 2009, 09:22:44 AM
Going on the theory that the book is always better than the movie, I might just have to check this series out.

Normally, this is my theory too...but in this case its a tough call for me.  I think the movie is slightly better than the book actually. 

Lady Ashly

I think the book is much better than the movie, but the reason for me was that the actors just couldn't pull off the emotion that is shown in the book. I loved the movie though and it does have some great actors in it. I think it's easy to be let down by movies though because when you read a book it's the way YOU see it in your own mind and it doesn't always live up to that on the screen!
"I love thee, I love but thee with a love that shall not die till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old."

serenamoonsilver

Quote from: Lady Ashlyn on March 10, 2009, 10:35:16 AM
I think the book is much better than the movie, but the reason for me was that the actors just couldn't pull off the emotion that is shown in the book. I loved the movie though and it does have some great actors in it. I think it's easy to be let down by movies though because when you read a book it's the way YOU see it in your own mind and it doesn't always live up to that on the screen!

Funny enough, that's why I like the movie better than book--I thought a lot of the supporting characters were a little flat in the book, but the actors in movie gave them a bit more personality.  To each his own I suppose.  I admit though, as much as I like Patterson, he's not how I pictured Edward looking at all.

Lady Ashly

Yes I do agree he wasn't so much what I had imagined in the book either, but he is still a great looking guy!  ;)