News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Day of Wrong

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, January 02, 2009, 01:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Has anyone thought of doing a Day of wrong at CoRF? Maybe kind of fun to show up in Non-Renaissance Garb for a weekend or even a day?
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Mm...can't say I ever have had such a desire.  I've only shown up to festival in non-garb once, and it was the very first time I'd ever gone.  It's just way more fun!  :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Oh show up in garb... just not Renaissance Garb. I see other faires where guys dress up as Fops instead of their lordly selves. or I have seen a member of faire attend as Dr Doom from the Fantastic Four. Day of Wrong is usually the day you would see the Imperial Storm Trooper or Princess Leia, or someone dressed in Colonial clothing instead of Renaissance.

I to have all but once gone in garb. That one time it was freezing rain out and miserable. I ended up buying a half-moon jacket that Toki is now the proud owner of just to stay warm and dry. It was the worst visit I have had a faire... ever... then again 3 years ago I didn't have fun as I went with friends and was the only one in garb and had to tag withthem and just felt out of place because of them... and not knowing anyone else there besides those I was with wasn't fun. Even 2 years ago with Toki in mundanes (His first visit to CoRF) was a much more fun visit as it got Toki hooked. Just wait until you see his garb additions I got him for Christmas and the new dress I plan on having.

Day of Wrong could be fun... showing up in Victorian garb for me ... HUM only if there where others to join the Day of Wrong
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Moldy Forest

I would wear my Burger King costume. It is ren-like but also wrong at the same time. Man, I love that costume...
Chik-fil-a is the best restaurant ever. The End.

Zoë

Oh I gotcha...my misunderstanding.  Haha.  Could be interesting.  I could borrow my dad's American Revolution uniform he used to wear when he did his reenactments...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

blondekarma

I love seeing Stormtroopers in kilts.. hehehehe.  Of course, you never know.. one Day of Wrong and CoRF could turn into TRF where EVERY day you never know what you're going to see (for anyone that has never been to TRF.. well...  you don't know what you're missing). 

http://flickr.com/photos/81037134@N00/1984660483/
I do not fear death- I fear a life unlived.

Be Cause.  See Effect.

If anything matters, then everything matters.

pktaxwench

Lately, when not working at a Faire, I like to bust out my Pirates of the Caribbean stuff.  It's fun.  Tho, getting carded out at Grand Junction for my prize after winning the costume contest was not cool.  Apparently, with a beard, I look 14.  *sigh*

But yeah, final weekend 2007, Lord Cutler Beckett of the East India Trading Company appeared to watch the final Joust with a bunch of pirates.

Friends of mine came dressed as Cowboys last year and ninjas too... that was odd.  The previous year, they came as Hogwarts students.  Freaks. :)

CapnJack

The cowboy thing was hi-larious.  I'd like to get in on that one if they ever do it again.

The unfortunate thing about the "Day of Wrong" idea is that many people dress like that anyway, or at the very least include pieces of costume from different eras.  I mean, I dress like an 18th Century pirate (er... sort of...) for heaven's sake.  And many women wear Victorian corsets without even realizing it.

However, when you get REALLY outlandish it could be pretty fun.  Like the stormtroopers, cowboys, etc.  Superheroes would be kinda' fun.  Apparently one day someone showed up in a Federation Starfleet uniform and a castmember told him he should be ashamed of himself for breaking the Prime Derective.  Heh, I liked that one.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I was thinking of comin in my 1880's day dress bustle, lace gloves, parasol and all :)

I am a time traveller from HG Wells :)
"The Metal Maiden"

Tanda

And there were the Klingons.  Can't forget the Klingons. Cheap Klingons, even.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Blushing

I once heard ...

A Reniassance faire is just an excuse to wear funny clothing and run amok ...  ;)
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Moldy Forest

Someone should dress up as a pirate santa clause with braided beard, pistol, sword or dagger hidden somewhere, and a bag full hamsters. Maybe when I'm old I'll give it a shot as everyone loves Christmas in July.

Zoë

I have a feeling that a pirate Santa Claus would traumatize a lot of little kids.....

....do it anyway!     :P
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Moldy Forest

Quote from: Zoë on January 19, 2009, 01:38:46 PM
I have a feeling that a pirate Santa Claus would traumatize a lot of little kids.....

....do it anyway!     :P
Traumatizing people is one of the greatest things about festival whether it be for good or bad, but man do I love to watch it happen. ;D

Richard de Graeme

The Vaquero Michigan RF 2008:

Moldy Forest - beware thee of a child's trauma. Is the Faire not a place to find the child within?
"For it is the doom of man that they forget."
NE OUBLIE!
Purveyor of dubious wisdom
Player of spoons
Herbalist

CapnJack

Heh, well and now at our faire there's Jim's driver, Cowboy, who is... well... a cowbow.  Pretty much all the time.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Moldy Forest

Quote from: Richard de Graeme on January 19, 2009, 03:54:14 PM
The Vaquero Michigan RF 2008:

Moldy Forest - beware thee of a child's trauma. Is the Faire not a place to find the child within?
I don't want to "traumatize" traumatize anyone, just make 'em be like "What?" as they walk away dumbfounded.

Zoë

Actually, people dressing like said cowboy are pretty common at our faire, I think...people just dress like that all the time in Colorado...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Moldy Forest

The other guy in the background of that picture kind of looks like Willy Wonka. Time traveling Gene Wilder? ???

blondekarma

Quote from: CapnJack on January 19, 2009, 04:52:06 PM
Heh, well and now at our faire there's Jim's driver, Cowboy, who is... well... a cowbow.  Pretty much all the time.

Correction: EX- Driver. 

I could never understand how he's able to tolerate those incredibly heavy jeans on the hottest days- I'm pretty sure I've never seen the guy break a sweat.   

Be Cause.  See Effect.

Zoë

He's like that guy in those tax commercials in the sauna who's not sweating.....

Jim's Ex-driver must have people...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

blondekarma

Maybe he has tiny hamsters in his pants with fans that keep him cool?

Be Cause.  See Effect.