News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Meet and Greet for our out of town visitors Feb 13th, 2009

Started by Marcos Charron, January 10, 2009, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Charron

Fellow Folk

After getting the idea from our own webmistress today, I propose we set the date of Feb, 13th 2009 to have a meet and greet for our out of town visitors, coming for Presidents Day weekend. That way we can show off our fine city, as well as our wonderful faire the following day, and give the Comete de Gilbert a better idea how many will be attending our breakfast before opening cannon on the 14th.

What say ye?

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Ista Sharrasi

I like the idea! If start it as a kind of luncheon thing, we can move on from there as everyone gets together and throws out the ideeas of what they want to see. :)
"We're not always doing business, but we're aalways open." ~ Boondock Saints

Muffin

Whoo Hooooooo!! We'll be there!!  ;D

Mayhaps I won't be sick this time around!!!  :P

Can't wait to see you all again!!
:-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Julianne

I basically was saying "mark your calendar" to meet for dinner at Churchill's (as usual) on February 13th....which is the Friday night of President's Day Weekend (Feb 14, 15, 16th).

It certainly isn't gonna be a late night as everyone wants to be up early for Faire on Saturday.  If all of our out of towners get in early enough then I'd say it should be 6pm as usual.

Marcos Charron

Quote from: Julianne on January 11, 2009, 02:17:04 PM
I basically was saying "mark your calendar" to meet for dinner at Churchill's (as usual) on February 13th....which is the Friday night of President's Day Weekend (Feb 14, 15, 16th).

It certainly isn't gonna be a late night as everyone wants to be up early for Faire on Saturday.  If all of our out of towners get in early enough then I'd say it should be 6pm as usual.

Yes, true enough. I was only making a suggestion to the forum that such a gathering would be nice, and I did not want to take credit for the idea without giving credit where it was due.

Marcos

Lord Figaro

Sounds like a great idea to me, I'm sure the wife will be in on this too.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Zoë

We're not 100% sure of our travel plans as of yet but we're pretty sure we'll be leaving the Denver area very early in the morning on Friday (i.e. 3 am or so) so more than likely the fam and I will be rolling into town in early-mid afternoon that day...hopefully we'll get in town in time for some meet n' greet action!  :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Lady Figaro

We'll be at the meet and greet. 

Are we doing a breakfast Saturday morning?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Comte de Gilbert

Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Fairietink

Vice Madam Local 35 - AZ chapter, Captain Bone Momma - HMS Boner

Lady Marielle of Andorra

Is this open only to out-of-towners, or are transplants and local first-time Ren Faire participants welcome as well?

crazyrennie

bummed that I cannot attend-wont be back in town till 1am sat morn

Comte de Gilbert

Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Marcos Charron

gracefulcarrie

Sounds like Dan and I will be there too so long as we can find an appropriate flight...