News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

October 24-25th

Started by SleepyArcher, January 13, 2009, 09:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Quote from: SleepyArcher on October 06, 2009, 04:41:49 AM
OK, getting packed already I can't wait!

Are you guys tailgating that Saturday or Sunday?

Yeah, we should be having a large gathering ... some of the Pittsburgh folks and GLMF folks will be invading as well. Also some of the VARF & CRF folks.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

SleepyArcher

Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Capt. Morgan

Can't think of a better place to bid a fond "Farewell to Faire for now" but at MDRF surrounded by good friends, a beautiful Shire and...SEAFOOD!!! Thought I OD'd on Oyster Shooters when I was there during Labor Day Weekend but that just seemed to be a "Warm Up"!

...counting the days.... ;)
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

SleepyArcher

Please don;t tell me it's going to be freezing there this weekend.

Scotsman

Quote from: SleepyArcher on October 14, 2009, 04:20:56 AM
Please don;t tell me it's going to be freezing there this weekend.

When you say freezing do you mean below 32 degrees? No, I think it will hit a low of 34 so we shouldn't be freezing.  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

SleepyArcher

It doesn't look like it's going to be a nice weekend.  :(

Just like our closing weekend it was rainy and cold.

Lots of warm drinks I suppose.

Feline Groovy

Piffle.  We were going to come up to MDRF this weekend since it's one of my rare Sundays off.  But that whole 'high in the mid 40s and raining' took all the fun out of that idea.  If it weren't a four hour drive each way, we might have done it anyway -- or at least I might have!  I hope the weather's better than forecast and that everyone's having a great time! 
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Steev

Quote from: Feline Groovy on October 17, 2009, 02:18:28 PM
Piffle.  We were going to come up to MDRF this weekend since it's one of my rare Sundays off.  But that whole 'high in the mid 40s and raining' took all the fun out of that idea.  If it weren't a four hour drive each way, we might have done it anyway -- or at least I might have!  I hope the weather's better than forecast and that everyone's having a great time! 

Oh, Pish Posh, Feline.  I haven't made it to MDRF as much as I've liked this year and I will BE THERE for closing weekend, cold or not.  I hope you will make it as I would love to re-meet you.
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

will paisley

Quote from: Steev on October 18, 2009, 07:20:51 PM
Quote from: Feline Groovy on October 17, 2009, 02:18:28 PM

Oh, Pish Posh, Feline.  I haven't made it to MDRF as much as I've liked this year and I will BE THERE for closing weekend, cold or not.  I hope you will make it as I would love to re-meet you.

This past weekend was one of the nastiest weekends, weather-wise, that I've ever experienced at faire.  Still, it was well worth it, as rain day performances at MDRF are awesome. The performers know all the people are regulars, and their regular routines are disrupted, so they'll often take requests, and end up doing all sorts of hilarious improvisations you'll never see at a regular day at faire. They also have to get out of the rain, so they'll often end up performing practically in your lap.  I was standing so close to the Pyrates for one of their sets that newcomers might've mistaken me for part of the band.  The Hooligans did part of their "modern Renaissance" set, with such authentic renditions of traditional 16 century tunes as 1000 Miles by The Proclaimers and Del Shannon's Runaway (with the organ solo played on the ocarina).  Anybody seeing the Pyrates or the O'Dannys at the Globe got to sit on the stage with them, under the awning. And Molly/Chelle (the fiddler)  had her violins secured safely someplace dry and warm, so she brough a kazoo along instead.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Dallan

Lady Di and I will be there Sunday to close MDRF.
Fight'n

Master James

I'll be there both days!  Normal garb on Saturday and FOPPING it with Lord Fondlebottom and any others that care to join us on Sunday!   ;D  Saturday looks to be cloudy and cool, 61, with a 40% chance of rain but Sunday looks glorious right now.  Sunny and 59.  Can't wait!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

RSLeask

Just wait on that, Sunday was supposed to be nice according to weather.com early last week, and... well, it didn't turn out so bad, but still, heh.  Still, 50/60s is much improved.
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

Captain Fortune

Captain Fortune and his entourage will be sailing in Friday night for a weekend of revelry.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
A Pirate's Life for Me.

SleepyArcher

Gee I dont have a cape  :(

Has anyone been to Baltimore's Medieval Times? I havent been to one in a long time and thought I would go there since its like 10 minutes from my hotel and I am going for a "Renaissance" weekend hehe.

Feline Groovy

Quote from: Steev on October 18, 2009, 07:20:51 PM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Saturday visit this weekend, weather and work permitting!  (Although I'll most likely be in 'danes -- no one will recognize me, heh.  :)  )
Where was I going and how do I get there?