News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

October 24-25th

Started by SleepyArcher, January 13, 2009, 09:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on August 02, 2009, 11:11:59 AM
That would be me, renmailed you.

Is there a shop out there that sells parasols? I have one but if they aren't too much I could just buy another. Lady Joyce do you have a off white or purple one?
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

analise

The only shop that sells parasols at MDRF that I know of is Dragon Wings and they're pretty fancy and expensive: http://www.dragonwings.net/BattenburgLaceParasols.htm

That said, I've got a paper parasol I could be convinced to part with for a weekend if you like green. :) (the ribs are darker green, the paper much lighter, you can see me holding it closed here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/morningstar1369/2854358737/in/set-72157607278158701/ )

LunasReincarnate

Quote from: LORD FONDLEBOTTOM link=topic=5424.msg174822#msg174822 date=1249541838

I wonder what TSA is going to say when I have my hat and wig in my carry on lol.
/quote]

my friend is TSA for Dullus Airport. i doubt they would be suprised! they see all sorts of odd things daily!
"My Lords, do whatever you wish. As for me, I shall do no otherwise than pleases me. "

Master James

Quote from: LunasReincarnate on August 06, 2009, 01:33:35 AM
i will be doing the whole fop thing  on DOW as well. cept im taking on a couture high fashion twist! it would be great if we could all get together for some photo ops or something!

OMG this is going to be AWESOME!!!!  We definitely have to meet up!  My only concern is getting together we may NEVER get out of the spot we are in!  It took me 2 1/2 hours last year to go from the White Hart to the Dragon (a 10 minute walk) because I had so many requests for pictures!  With a group of us we my never move!  LOL   ;D

Quote from: LORD FONDLEBOTTOM on August 06, 2009, 01:57:18 AM
Oh yes!!!!!

Say James I finished my shoes and they turned out wonderful! TOOL is a wonderful thing hehe. I wonder what TSA is going to say when I have my hat and wig in my carry on lol.

LOL my friend they will I'm sure not even notice it.  Can't wait to see the whole thing.  I'm adding a lavendar cape to the ensemble this year and also should have my sleeves done this year as well.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

OK Lord Fondlebottom, this is what I have
Black & pink about 33''
Black Battenberg lace about 24''
white about 26''
Red about 33''
and asst. fans
  just let me know if any work for you.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

LunasReincarnate

Quote from: Master James on August 06, 2009, 11:32:03 AM
Quote from: LunasReincarnate on August 06, 2009, 01:33:35 AM
i will be doing the whole fop thing  on DOW as well. cept im taking on a couture high fashion twist! it would be great if we could all get together for some photo ops or something!

OMG this is going to be AWESOME!!!!  We definitely have to meet up!  My only concern is getting together we may NEVER get out of the spot we are in!  It took me 2 1/2 hours last year to go from the White Hart to the Dragon (a 10 minute walk) because I had so many requests for pictures!  With a group of us we my never move!  LOL   ;D

i know the feeling i use to go to anime and sci fi cons. and my costumes for any event are usually big and dramatic. it takes me like 2 hrs to get where i need to go!

we should just start our own FOP court!!! and walk around hehehe.
"My Lords, do whatever you wish. As for me, I shall do no otherwise than pleases me. "

SleepyArcher

This just might be more fun than my own faire...shhhhhhh!

LunasReincarnate

Quote from: LORD FONDLEBOTTOM on August 06, 2009, 11:09:17 PM
This just might be more fun than my own faire...shhhhhhh!

oh yes it just might!  ;)

im getting very excited for this year! even though im going alone! i wish i found this site sooner!

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Lunas, believe me you are never alone at Md. Will we see you at tailgate on opening morning?
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

LunasReincarnate

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on August 09, 2009, 09:36:29 AM
Lunas, believe me you are never alone at Md. Will we see you at tailgate on opening morning?

tailgate? not quite sure what that is????? but sure! if i got details. ill be all 19 days of the faire as usually just part of the time ill be working in the bee folk booth this year!

once upon a time i  was a ticket girl! still wear my green and yellow outfit sometimes!

analise

Tailgate:

We all hang around someone's truck/suv and eat pastries, drink mimosas, and other such sundry things and generally chat before opening cannon. Typically this occurs in the "front" row of cars in the parking lot on the left side of the gate (if you're facing away from it toward the parking lot).

SirBlackFox

Quote from: analise on August 10, 2009, 07:27:51 AM
Tailgate:

We all hang around someone's truck/suv and eat pastries, drink mimosas, and other such sundry things and generally chat before opening cannon. Typically this occurs in the "front" row of cars in the parking lot on the left side of the gate (if you're facing away from it toward the parking lot).

True dat!

We're usually the ones there at 8:30 when the parking gates open. . . talk about dedication!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

analise

Quote from: SirBlackFox on August 10, 2009, 09:04:44 AM
Quote from: analise on August 10, 2009, 07:27:51 AM
Tailgate:

True dat!

We're usually the ones there at 8:30 when the parking gates open. . . talk about dedication!

Direction fail: on the RIGHT side of the gate if facing away from it toward the parking lot. *facepalm*

SleepyArcher

Tonight I go looking for luggage big enough to fit a parasol into. How lame is that?  Actually I need a new one as TSA broke my last piece of luggage and wouldn't replace it. Long story.

LunasReincarnate

Quote from: LORD FONDLEBOTTOM on August 10, 2009, 02:39:38 PM
Tonight I go looking for luggage big enough to fit a parasol into. How lame is that?  Actually I need a new one as TSA broke my last piece of luggage and wouldn't replace it. Long story.

haha one of my rollerderby teammates husbands works for the TSA in dullus airport. if you happen to come thru that one ill give him good warning bout your  luggage!!!

also, i have alot of photographer friends (is a model) and im trying to get out to come out on the last day of the faire cause i think it will be fun to document all this fopness!!!