News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for name of visiting vendor at Sterling faire

Started by Lady Amy of York, January 23, 2009, 12:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

To my fellow Sterling faire family :

I am looking for the name of  a vendor  who was there on Pirate weekend. She was a visiting vendor  that weekend. She  made clothes  for little kids, and she had  some realy nice pirate and naval officer jackets  for boys. I  would have brought a jacket for my son that weekend , but she had none in his  size in stock at the  time.  She had  given me her card, but i have  since  lost  it.
  If anyone knows  the  name of  this  vendor  i would  appreciate  it.  The jackets were realy nice, and  my son unfortunately has outgrown his current pirate outfit. Thankyou  and warm hugs !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

SterlingFan

Does 'Shire Attire' ring a bell ?  They were visiting vendors that sold children's clothing.  Their website is: http://www.shireattire.com/ 

I had a problem with them though: I bought a chemise for my daughter there but they were out of the cincher in the size & fabric she wanted so they took down our info & said they would send it to us.  I waited a few weeks with no word so I emailed them.  They told me they were sending it that Friday but a few more weeks went by with no cincher.  I tried contacting them several more times but was ignored.  Finally after a couple of months I reached them & they sent the order.  They made up for all the trouble by sending two cinchers instead of the one & adding in a wizard hat.  Hopefully that was an isolated incident & not the norm for them.
Home Faire: Sterling Renaissance Festival

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here !"

Lady Amy of York

Thankyou SterlingFan,  that was  the  vendor.    I admit some  of the prices on the  website  look a bit higher then they were at  the  faire, and after you mention  your incident with them it does cause me  to be  a bit hesitant.  Shall have  to run  it by   my husband  and  see  what he  wants  to  do.  Also nedd to make  sure  my son still wants  to be  a pirate. One  minute it is  a pirate, the  next  minute   it is  a knight. I just thought he is getting old  enough to have  some  fancy  garb  like  his  mommy   and  daddy , but i don't want anything too fancy  or  expensive, cause  the   child  is  growing  like  a  weed !  Thanks  for  the info !

If  anyone  else on  here has  brought from this  vendor, please  let  me  know .

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

SterlingFan

You're welcome !  I hope you've been able to find garb for your little one !
Home Faire: Sterling Renaissance Festival

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here !"