News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New site for all your MidWinter information

Started by Dayna, February 11, 2009, 03:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayna

Hey everyone there is a new place just for Midwinter discussions and
updates.  It's the new home of all the information you will ever need
to know and a place to help add comments or suggestions. 

Come join and always be in the know!

Pass this around to everyone so no rennie is left behind.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Midwinterofbristol/promote
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Vartha

What happened to the old Yahoo Group for that Uni? Mine's still up (need to update the 3d pics there) of the Pig n Whistle

Dayna

No one is aware of an old yahoo group.  This was done because after the last party (2 weeks ago) there were people upset because it hadn't been publicized enough, it had been publicized on the Friends of Faire board so people thought it was FOF only, etc. etc. and of course the general pissing and moaning because you can't please All the rennies Any of the time.

A member of the Seahawks took this over a few years ago from Baby Face, and kept it going, although it's morphed well beyond the select group for beer and whatever, it's now a huge party for anyone who is involved in Bristol, be it participant, guild, vendor, patron, whatever.

This group is Just For Midwinter, not affiliated with any clan, guild or group, membership open to any interested Bristolian.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Vartha

HMMM the old one was run by a guy that works for Pendragon, his Yahoo screenname WAS babyface.
  I can't find it either.

Dayna

There was a seahawks URL, not a yahoo group though.  I found the 2006 invitation (No, I Never throw anything away), party was at the Bristol Oaks, sponsored by Babyface and the Bristol Seahawks.  There was a scramble after that to get 2007 up and running 'cause no one picked it up after Babyface said he couldn't do it anymore, so the current people running it scrambled and have been doing it the past three years.  Now there will be a group of people who Want to do it, will have Help doing it, and there's a single place for not only information but conversation related to it, whereas the old URL was info only.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Vartha

theniel

sounds like fun! and its open to anyonee? The actual event I mean.

Dayna

AbsoFragginLutely!  If you work at Bristol, if you are a patron at Bristol, if you can Spell Bristol, if you can Pronounce Bristol, you can come.

It's a Rocking good time!!

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

theniel

I will keep it in mind. I did join the group so I will know when its being held. Its really too bad its so far for me. The dinners sound like fun.

Dayna

Where do you come from?  I drive from Minneapolis, 6 hours and 400 miles 1 way, and It's So Worth It!

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

theniel

LOL! I dont think as far. South bend IN. It would just be too costly I think for anthing except a rare visit. Dose sound worth it though.