News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Peter S. Beagle,Author of The Last Unicorn, will be signing books at Scarborough

Started by John, April 06, 2009, 12:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

WAXAHACHIE, TX (April 6, 2009) – Peter S. Beagle, Author of The Last Unicorn, will be signing books at Scarborough Renaissance Festival at the Book Faire this coming weekend.  Mr. Beagle's book, The Last Unicorn, has sold more than 6 million copies worldwide and has been translated into more than 20 languages. In 1982 an animated version of The Last Unicorn was released, based on Peter's own screenplay with a voice cast that included Alan Arkin, Jeff Bridges, Mia Farrow, Angela Lansbury, and Christopher Lee. The film has established a huge following via subsequent cable, videotape, and DVD releases: since 2004 it has sold more than 1.3 million DVDs in America alone.

Peter S. Beagle was born in the Bronx, New York City in 1939 He decided that he would be a writer when only 10 years old: history has proven him to be either prescient or just stubborn. Today, thanks to classic works such as A Fine and Private Place, The Last Unicorn (plus its award-winning sequel, "Two Hearts" which won both the Hugo and Nebula Awards), Tamsin, and The Innkeeper's Song, his storytelling has earned him millions of fans around the world.

In addition to stories and novels Peter has written numerous teleplays and screenplays, including the animated versions of The Lord of the Rings and The Last Unicorn, plus the fan-favorite "Sarek" episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. His nonfiction book I See By  My Outfit, which recounts a 1963 journey across America on motor scooter, is considered a classic of American travel writing.  Now approaching 70, he continues to write steadily and has more than a dozen new novels, collections, and nonfiction books in the publishing pipeline, including his first children's book, which will be illustrated by the Caldecott Award-winning team of Leo and Diane Dillon.  He is also a gifted poet, lyricist, and singer/songwriter. For more information on Peter and his works, see www.peterbeagle.com or www.conlanpress.com.

The Book Faire book shoppe is located in the Holly Field area of Scarborough.  The shoppe offers a wide variety of printed material about the Renaissance period and related subjects.  The Peter S. Beagle book signing is the first in a series of signings planned for this season.

Scarborough Renaissance Festival® is a recreated 16th Century English village.  Its  season began on Saturday April 4 and will end on Memorial Day, May 25.  Scarborough is open on Saturdays, Sundays, and Memorial Day Monday, rain or shine, from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM.  Visitors watch shows on 20 stages, shop at over 200 shoppes, enjoy games and rides, and sample a multi-national variety of foods as they enjoy the wooded 35-acre site.

The festival is located near Waxahachie, just 30 minutes south of Dallas off of I-35E at exit 399A.  From Austin or Waco, follow I-35E north to Exit 399.  Admission is $21.99 for adults and $8.50 for children, ages 5-12 (tax included).  Children under the age of 5 are admitted free.  Admission includes free parking (courtesy of Allen Samuels Autoplex-Ennis), continuous entertainment and craft demonstrations.  Tickets are available, on-line, by mail, by phone, or at the castle gates on festival days.  Discount tickets are available at Tom Thumb Grocery Stores or Austin Area Randalls Grocery Stores.  For more information call 972-938-Fair (3247) or visit www.ScarboroughRenFest.com.
# # # # #

midnightferret

GAH!

I must have one! But I won't be back to Scarby this coming weekend. *much pouting*

Oh, and opening was fun! *hugs*

Lady Nicolette

"A Fine and Private Place" is one of my favorite books of all time...And I also loved "I See By My Outfit."  "The Last Unicorn" was very sad, as I recall.  Wish I could be there!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Macintyre

Macintyre

Pyroguy

I was oblivious to the fact he was there until Sunday morning. With great haste, I found my way to the author's table and had a nice long chat with Mr. Beagle and his publicist. I spent the better part of an hour with them. We spoke about the long battle with the movie rights and his childhood. When I asked if he had any advice for a budding novelist, he gave me the advice that his Uncle gave to him. "Always be on time for work even if the Muse is running late."
Does anyone else hear a ticking sound..?