News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lodging for Rendezvous 2009 @ MDRF

Started by Lady_Glorianna, February 17, 2009, 01:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Glorianna

As of this moment, because of budget, preferences and people's memberships to specific chains, no plans are slated to secure a "Rendezvous Hotel".  The following is a prelim list and contact site for some places you might look into if nothing else for budget purposes:

Capitol KOA Campgrounds
768 Cecil Ave, Millersville, MD? - (800) 562-0248?

Courtyard by Marriott
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bwian-courtyard-annapolis/

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bwifm-courtyard-fort-meade-at-national-business-park/

Days Inn and Suites Laurel
9860 Washington Blvd North
Laurel, MD 20723 US
http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=08295&brandInfo=DI

As suggested by the MDRF website:

A) Extended StayAmerica Annapolis - Naval Academy
*Now with Signature Suites*
1 Womack Dr.
Annapolis, MD 21401
Telephone: 410-571-9988
Fax: 410-571-9989
ANA@extendedstay.com

B) http://www.mdlodging.org/rennfest/
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

anne of oaktower

Many thanks, indeed!  Hope to see you all in September!
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Master James

The KOA is a really good place to stay even if you do not have a tent or camper.  They have about 20 cabins for around $85/night and they also have 4 lodges for around $220/night.  The cabins sleep 4 and have A/C but no bathroom so you have to use the showerhouse.  The lodges sleep 6, have a full kitchen and a bathroom with shower.  The campground is a very nice one and is only 8 miles from faire.  On Friday nights they have an ice cream social and show a movie outside.  There is a pool and some games as well like pool and ping pong that are free.  I have stayed there many times and highly recommend it for the budget conscious.  Here is there website: http://www.koa.com/where/md/20139/

OK I've now researched this better and here are the prices for that weekend and they are all currently availabled:

• RV/Camper site - 70' long with full hookups, 50/30 amps and WiFi - $69 per night
  • Tent site - No Hookups but has WiFi - $50 per night
  • Lodge - 2 Rooms, Sleeps 6, Full Kitchen, Full Bath, A/C, TV hookups, WiFi - $220 per night
  • Cabin - 2 Rooms, Sleeps 6, A/C, TV hookups, WiFi - $95 per night
  • Cabin - 1 Room, Sleeps 4, A/C, TV hookups, WiFi - $84 per night
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Scotsman

Anyone have any lodging questions ... two of the best cruise directors here to answer them for you! ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

iain robb

Through Hotwire, I got a room at a 3.5 star hotel just three miles from the grounds for $54 a night. Others may wish to try Hotwire as well.

RSLeask

Good info in here, thanks much for the heads' up all!

By the by, anyone into the KOA deal, that wants to try and see about setting up a group of sites or such, might be something to look into.  I know they usually can.. or at least used to... try and accomodate a block of sites and such for groups of people.

Even better when you can share a couple tent sites between people, split the cost, etc etc...
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

~pixie~

I've got reservations made for a cabin KOA.  Best to book NOW if you're gonna go that route. See ya there!

By the way - It was good seeing you at VARF this year!
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

RSLeask

Thanks pixie, it was great being out there with you all!  I'll have to come back for a weekend next year, definitely!  :D

Yeah, those cabins go pretty quick, and especially with a long holiday weekend, they'll start getting snatched up in no time.  Heck, even for a tent site, I'm going to make the trip out to put in a reservation for one (mostly cuz I'd like to actually see the sites so I can pick a good one, and since I'm close enough to there, why not).  Can't be sure that they aren't gonna be gone by then, either, after all.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

RSLeask, go to the ticket thread and sign up, Gloria needs a count for the best group price.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

mehan

Checked our reservations last night (made last September) and found that the price had dropped - so canceled all my reservations, and made them again - saved $200 - Yahoo  (Comfort Inn Bowie)...

RSLeask

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on June 17, 2009, 03:18:48 PM
RSLeask, go to the ticket thread and sign up, Gloria needs a count for the best group price.

I'm gonna have a season pass this year.  >.>

Caria

Anyone else started booking a place yet. I want to book soon but would like to be where a lot of other rennies are.
Devil with the Angel Eyes
Navigatrix of the Bayou Scoundrel's

Arianwyn

Greetings!

I booked at the Days Inn in Ft. Meade....

We are coming in on the Friday and heading home on Monday.  Got the room for 44.00/night.  Price is great, I am worried about what the rooms will be like, but figure we won't be spending much time there.....if anyone does know of this place please feel free to let me know (the good and the bad)

It's about 20 minutes from the Faire site...at least that is what Google says....

We are hoping to attend most of the social events happening that weekend.  This will be our first Rendevous and our first time to Maryland.....have heard it's beautiful.

Be well all,

Scott & Nancy
(Master Ravyne & Arianwyn)

Scotsman

Quote from: Arianwyn on July 15, 2009, 09:18:36 PM
Greetings!
This will be our first Rendevous and our first time to Maryland.....have heard it's beautiful.
(Master Ravyne & Arianwyn)

It will be a much nicer weekend with you two along! We love our Canadian brothers and sisters!

As for Ft. Meade, it is close and better still a pretty straight shot down RTE 32 to get to faire. I do not know the hotel but the fact that it is listed as Ft. Meade tells me it primary clientele are probably soldiers which means they would have to uphold a fairly high standard otherwise the command at Ft. Meade would nuke them!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56