News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

For my mom....

Started by white trillium, February 18, 2009, 09:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

white trillium

My Mom has her first visit to an oncologist tomorrow at 1PM.  She is nervous, worried, concerned. My Dad is nervous, worried, concerned. Frankly my kids, my spouse and I are all worried about what the doctor is going to say. 

My parents live up near Pine River, MN, and she went to the dr towards the middle of January with what she thought was a UTI, after a few weeks of antibiotics, she went back, they did a few more tests, had her come back again, and now she has an appointment with another dr (this time in the Twin Cities) tomorrow.  Her doctor up north thinks it is possibly uterine cancer.  She expects to have surgery some time in the next few weeks. 

Depending on how she feels after her appointment, they will likely stop by the house tomorrow evening and it was like pulling teeth to convince my teens to stay home. *sigh*

Any and all positive thoughts, prayers, wishes...etc are welcome.

Thanks for listening.
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

Rani Zemirah

Sending all prayers, strength and healing energy... to your mom, and your whole family! You'll all be in my thoughts. Tell your mom there are people pulling for her!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

renren

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your Mom!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Ferret

You and your loved ones will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Ferret

lordwriothsley

White Trillium you, your mom, and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers during this very scary situation.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Peddlin

Sending love and prayers for you and your family.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

white trillium

Mom just called (she and Dad didn't really want anyone else to go with, can't really say that I blame them) and her surgery is scheduled for March 3rd.  She might end up with a hysterectomy and she might not, we won't know 'til she is out of surgery.  She sounded upbeat and positive, and that is a good thing. 

Thank you for your ongoing thoughts, prayers and support. 

Lady Amy of York

Hugs girlfriend  !  I  will ask  everyone  who is praying for  me, to also  pray  for  your  mom   and her family.
Keep me posted.You have both my renmail  address  and my Myspace  address.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Seryn

Your Mom and your whole family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

white trillium

Well Mom had her pre-op physical, and she is healthy enough for surgery on Tuesday.

It is really difficult to hear the pain and discomfort in her voice.  She just sounds so tired.

So question, my brother lives on the east coast and Dad told him that there was no reason for him to come out.  Mom would like to see him but feels silly calling him.  So, do I intervene?

Rani Zemirah

Yes... if she wants him then she should have him! She's the one having the scary stuff, and if it will help her to deal with everything to have her son at home with the rest of you then she deserves all the help she can get!!!

I'm sending her, and the rest of your family, healing light and prayers for comfort, ease and courage... and keeping the candles lit!

Don't forget to take care of yourself while you're taking care of everyone else, ok!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

lordwriothsley

I agree with Rani. If your mom needs her son by her side during her surgery then he should be by her side so by all means I to say yes go for it White Trillium. Don't be a bit bashful about calling your brother and asking him if could come home for awhile to be with your mom.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers as your mom prepares to have this scary procedure done to her.

Hugs to you all!  :)
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

renren

I'll agree! Better to have called than not, and wish you had!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

white trillium

My mom had surgery this morning. She's doing quite well.  I connected with my brother but for variety of reasons he didn't come out (work, snow, etc), but he called and talked with mom for quite a while.

I brought the kids over to see her and that made her happy.  She's anxious to get back home now.

Rani Zemirah

I'm so glad she came through it so well, and continue to send healing thoughts and prayers! Make sure you tell her we're all thinking about her!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede