News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mardi Gras Ball

Started by Zardoz, February 23, 2009, 02:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardoz

Every year some friends in the Krewe of Olympus invite my wife Shelley and I to attend the 'Mystery and Fantasy Mardi Gras Ball' here in Houston, and we always have a good time. Before we get to the photos, I should explain 2 points; 1, The party is black tie with mask or 'theme costume' only, This year's theme was "Mysteries of Aladdin". And 2, The ball is sponsored by a gay Mardi Gras Krewe.

Here's Shelley and I, Shelley had already collected a few beads on the dance floor.

here's Shelley, our host Neal, our friend Mindy and I.

What do you know, I'm not the only guy in a kilt at the party! (I was just the only straight guy in a kilt.) This fellow and I were both frequently stopped for photos all night.

But you know, even kilted it's hard to stand out in a crowd where other gentlemen are dressed like this;

or this;

One final tip for you, If you are kilted and ever asked 'the question' by a crowd of attentive gay gentlemen, "Same as yours only bigger" is not the best response if you want put them off!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Grov

Yea, that isn't the type of crowd that fits the "dane" moniker at all. HAHA
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Luciana

Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

Rani Zemirah

Looks like some of the parties I've attended in the past!  LOL  Never been to one of the Balls, though. What a coup to get an invitation!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

DonaCatalina

has anyone been watching the parade cams at http://www.nola.com ?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess