News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Is Nothing Sacred? St Pat is under attack!

Started by *Teach*, March 17, 2009, 08:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Neysa

Quote from: Cobaltblu on March 17, 2009, 09:05:11 AM
There is no constitutional right to not be offended.  

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!   Your entire post hits the nail on the head! 

Welsh Wench,  also VERY  good points,....same stuff I've always said. Oh, but no,no,no-don't dare try to take away Kwanzaa, you'll be labeled a racist.

Tipsy Gypsy,  wouldn't you just love to throw that in those idiots faces about the shamrock symbolizing the holy trinity?   

Nice to see so many like minded people.
Political correctness can go bugger off!  I hate it in all it's forms. 

Jezzy MacPeaks

Quote from: Welsh Wench on March 17, 2009, 08:51:55 AM
Shamrock Day.
Now THAT is stupid.  ::)

Really, if they want to split hairs--why is there a Black History Month?
What would happen if we had a White History Month?
Why not Scottish? We could study the effects of haggis.
Or Welsh rabbit? Or is it rarebit?

Should we condemn French kissing as not PC?
OK, so let's not go there.....

I completely agree with you, Wenchie!  The PC's need to go suck Haggis!
"Erin Go Bragh!!!"...and all that there stuff!  *giggles*
Pyrate Queen
Costumer, Extraordinaire
Hook'n of Clan M'Crack
Have Blunderbuss, Will Plunder

Blue66669

HEY!!! You can't take away my FRENCH KISSING!!!!
Blaidd Drwg

LadyElizabeth

Well, St. Pat's day would be the next under attack of course!!  You know that a good portion of people now say "Happy Holidays" or have that hanging on signs instead of "Merry Christmas".... 

Why does the mass populace of America, or at least the annoying loud voices, always have to get involved in other peoples religious holidays which now have become main stream?  It's not the Christians fault that christmas and St. Patricks day are now completely ingrained in the American culture.  It is due to the fact that a huge portion of people who populated America from the beginning until now are christians and that is it. 

And we celebrate St. Paticks day also because there is also a huge portion of Irish in America dating back many hundreds of years.  We celebrate this day also because of the greeting card companies and the green beer and the need for a March holiday!!! 

There would be NO celebration without Saint Patrick, the Shamrock's alone could have NEVER inspired a holiday all by themselves... haha, that makes me imagine silly dancing shamrocks trying to make people want to celebrate them!!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Dayna

Shamrock Day?!?!

Oh Please, Give Me A Break!!!!

So is Easter now going to become "Bunny Day"?  Hey folks, Easter is named after Oestra (sic) which is a pagan holiday and just one more way to slowly and sneakily wean the populace off the old ways and onto the new. 

Merry Christmas, Happy St. Valentines Day, Happy St. Patricks Day, Happy St. Daffyds Day, Happy Easter, Happy Rosh Hashana, Have a good fast on Yom Kippur, Happy Kwanza, Blessed Yule, any left out are 'cause my brain is frying at the end of a long day at work. 

Enjoy whatever religious occasions are important to you, I'll do the same, and none of us try to force anyone else to change.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Welsh Wench

Well, sure--that's do-able!  ;)

HAPPY BUNNY DAY, GENTLEMEN!

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Blue66669

Quote from: Welsh Wench on March 17, 2009, 06:54:16 PM

Well, sure--that's do-able!  ;)

HAPPY BUNNY DAY, GENTLEMEN!

*golf claps, flashing her silver and diamond playboy necklace and sporting her pink playboy shirt*

Well done Wenchie, well done.....
Blaidd Drwg

Welsh Wench

*shakes little bunny tail and adjusts bowtie*

Why, thank you, Blue!
Now, what can I get you gentlemen to drink?

OK, back to St Patrick's Day.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Blue66669

Make that two, dollface, and sprinkle some sugar-sand on the rim dahlin...
Blaidd Drwg

jcbanner

St Patrick's Day isn't exclusively Irish, it's not a celebration of heritage, its teh feast day for a Saint that was important to the Catholics of Ireland. Chasing the snakes out is a polite way of saying chasing out the pagers at the end of a pike.

In of itself, its not PC, but that's not the point, no holiday is if you look closely at its history.

Drink up! its St Pat's feast day!  I'm about to head home and enjoy some cabbage myself, see you all later

Welsh Wench

*pops a green cherry on the mudslides*

Or would you rather have a Snakebite?

*staying on topic. Kinda sorta*

Athena

I'll just take an old fashioned green beer! *hiccup*
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Welsh Wench

Athena

Hell yeah! Then I'll follow up with a giant mudslide, with a shamrock (or two) on top! I always indulge in dessert on holidays.  ;D
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb